Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Mad Max - Galaxie Tow Rig

This beast is right up my alley! Congrats on doing something different. Love it :thumbsup:
  2. S

Hello from Connecticut 2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition

Welcome to the forum. Along with the community here, a factory service manual and an OBD-II scanner will be indispensable in battling gremlins. Fight the good fight, brother :D
  3. S

Been around, never introduced myself.

Two more driveway pics. Don't worry, I put the taillight back in after replacing the bulbs :thumbsup:
  4. S

Been around, never introduced myself.

Hey folks. I created a thread in the transmission forum, but never properly introduced myself. I'm an electrical engineer by day, and a Ford tinkerer by night. Last November, I ran across this majorly clapped out 1993 Explorer Sport 4x4 on Craigslist listed for $1000. $400 later, it was mine :D...
  5. S

Ugh... need to do an emissions test soon. Better install that muffler and tailpipe!

Ugh... need to do an emissions test soon. Better install that muffler and tailpipe!
  6. S

M5OD Pocket Bearing and Output Shaft Damage

Thanks dude :thumbsup: The rebuild kit and some other odds and ends came from americanpowertrainwarehouse.com. This is what I ordered from them: 1 x M5R1 TRANSMISSION REBUILD KIT WITH SYNCHRO RINGS FITS '87+ FORD & MAZDA 1 x M5R1 TRANSMISSION NEEDLE BEARING 7-PIECE KIT FITS FORD & MAZDA '88+...
  7. S

Back on the road! Using KPT's rebuild thread and a factory service manual, I was able to get the transmission rebuilt. This was my first transmission rebuild, so I'm pretty proud of myself. Here's a pic from last night as the sun was setting. Rolling on the 31's I took from my Ranger.
  8. S

Update on progress I decided to take everyone's advice and replace the main shaft. I bought a rebuild kit with synchros, and a needle bearing kit. I'm currently assembling the rear housing. Stay tuned.
  9. S

Thanks for the insights, guys. I initially bought this Explorer to flip, but I sorta like it :D After replacing the camshaft position sensor and the DPFE sensor, it runs great. It came with manual hubs, manual BW1354, M5OD, and the 4.0. Perfect setup for a weekend warrior. I think I'll keep...
  10. S

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a member of the Ranger Station for a bit. I scored this '93 Sport for $400. The transmission was noisy in all gears except 4th, so I suspected a bad pocket bearing. I pulled the transmission, and this is what i found: Clearly, the...
Back