Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2017 ordering

Well trusted. Franchise kept an eye on it. It was built, and then stored at the plant on quality hold for almost 6 weeks. It's probably on its way now, or at the dealer in Florida, but too little to late. I'm over it. Patience gone, and like I said above, new boat time. I'm sure I'll swing a...
  2. T

2017 ordering

Well, I pulled the plug. Since ordering, my wife and I got the itch for a new boat. So a 17' Cobalt R5 is on order. Everything with this deal went wrong. EVERYTHING. So why fight it when the signs are there. Since this car wasn't intended to be a primary vehicle, I'll just buy something off...
  3. T

2017 Explorer Sport being held at the factory

Well, mine was built in August, still no vehicle.... Heck, they can delay it a little longer. 3k under invoice, and 3k in rebates so far being honored.
  4. T

2017 Explorer Sport being held at the factory

Same here. Ordered in April, built in August, and still not here..
  5. T

2017 ordering

That thought went thru my head as well... The dealership it's being drop shipped to has a few Explorers on their lot that I would take. But the reason they are cutting me the -3k was to cover the order screw up. I'd rather have the better deal.
  6. T

2017 ordering

Well, I have to admit I'm getting a little frustrated. Not because I don't have the vehicle, but rather because I ordered it to fit into my schedule with a huge window the size of "summer"..A window that it missed. I placed the order back in April thinking delivery times wouldn't be an issue...
  7. T

2017 ordering

Haha, it's the only thing keeping a poor attitude in check...:eek:
  8. T

2017 ordering

Well, I guess I might as well rent a room upstairs of this bar. You know, the room that they rent by the hour.. I have no other place to go for a while. I'll be the drunk in the corner for the next month or so. I guess my X that was built 5 weeks ago is still at the Chicago plant on quality...
  9. T

2017 ordering

I'm still her in the corner sipping on a Manhattan. The vehicle was built a month ago, and we are hoping its finally going to be delivered to the dealer sometime this week.
  10. T

Buying a 2016 sport, need some help with the price

It's too bad that those in Canada are being hamstrung on price. It's just not that hard in the States.
  11. T

2017 ordering

Well, my longer wait seems to have come with the benefit of another $1,000 added on the the prior $1,000. If it would have come in on time, I would have received zero....
  12. T

Waiting and waiting

You are not alone. Mine was built on the 30th I believe, and it t isn't scheduled for delivery to my dealer until the 29th of this month.
  13. T

Ordering vs. Buying off the lot?

I like to order. As I shop, I can never justify money wasted negotiating the bottom dollar on a car deal for equipment I don't want, or settling for a vehicle that doesn't have the equipment that I DO want. I'm also a little weird about my miles. I want it fresh, without prior test drives.
  14. T

2017 ordering

I'm guessing you had a hand shake deal in place, and they reniged? I wouldn't think twice, I would simply walk out without a word. Re-order from another dealer. Personally, I wouldn't buy it from that dealer if they reversed and offered it to me for 2k under.
  15. T

Sport Rims?

I think he's talking about the wheels that come on the XLT appearance package. I believe they are only available on that specific package only.
  16. T

Buying a 2016 sport, need some help with the price

Go in with checkbook in hand and be ready to buy . Offer $1,000 under invoice. You may be surprised..
  17. T

Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options

It's going to be beautiful. My wife's Yukon Denali are those same colors.
  18. T

Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options

My dealer has a couple. I think they look great.
  19. T

Valvoline Oil Change Trustworthy?

I would agree that a chance of a catastrophic failure is remote. I would also suggest taking a good look at the quality of the average "quick change"......"technicians". Not top shelf. Heck, not even bottom shelf. Those places hire/pay the absolute bottom for employment in the automotive motive...
  20. T

2017 Ford Explorer XLT Price Paid...

Everything looks fair until the document fee. Just what the hell is that? A dealer in Washington DC used that same tactic on my daughters boyfriend on his new Focus, so it seems to be a new tactic of gaining profit by adding this angle. I told him to go back to the dealer, and get it back...
  21. T

Valvoline Oil Change Trustworthy?

The magnuson-moss act.... Don't rely on that one.. It doesn't matter that the law exists, or if you are in the right. It matters if you can afford the legal fees and the years of postponements to litigate it. You will not be able to wave a magic wand and point to the MM act, and have a judge...
  22. T

2.3 ecoboost

I agree. The compression ratio in indetical NA engines are lower in a forced induction engine, but don't let that mis-lead. As soon as boosting occurs, compression instantly rises, and far above NA engines. I would always use premium is a forced induction engine. Pre- ignition kills..
  23. T

Having second thoughts

IMO. Like I said above, tow rating says it all for me, and like you, I won't be towing with my 3.5l. The 2.3l isn't the approach I would want to deal with either. It's being boosted to obtain its hp and tq figures which kills MPG, and then there is the flip side issue of low power and torque...
  24. T

Having second thoughts

I would have paid a premium for the 2.7L V-6 EB. That would have been the perfect option for this vehicle instead of the 2.3l IMO. But no sense wishing... It is what it is. With the Federal MPG standards just a little further down the road, I know the power options will never get better.
  25. T

2017 ordering

Well, my dealer agreed to a sell me the X for $3,000 under invoice, plus all incentives available for "Fords" mistake for not including the ACC and polished wheels in my order. I'm guessing $1,000 in rebates by the time I pick it up. Nothing makes me more happier than thwarting off a little...
Back