Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Saginaw power steering pump conversion journey

I want to see more please. This is exactly what i want to do to mine but I never thought of the remote reservoir. I used to have the link to modify the bracket for the upgrade. Cant wait to see the rest. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
  2. P

92 explorer rear sway bar upgrade?

Sway Bar Are those the factory end links for the sway bar. Plus on your steering stabilizer do you have any pictures of its set up and where it is connected. Thanks again.:salute:
  3. P

Electric fan conversion info.

Thanks again His pics he e-mailed me helped out a lot. I have my controller now as well as two fans to choose from. Now that the 3 inch body lift is installed it is time to put it all together. Just need a Mark VIII fan blade to replace the one I broke. Thanksagain for the pics. :us:
  4. P

MarkVIII Fan Dont know what the difference is between the two. But on theMark VIII it depends on what year it is on whether it is a one or two speed fan. Mine is a two speed from a 1995 Mark VIII that my son had. I want to get all this done but find as I get older I tend to procrastinate and...
  5. P

B2 Spare Tire Carrier to Explorer

Thanks for the info guys. I will figure something out eventually.:salute:
  6. P

Do you have any pics available. I am trying to come up with something that I can mount my spare on without blocking the opening of the rear hatch window. I have seen some swing outs on other factory models that looked like it might work. I am always open to ideas but am limited by lack of funds...
  7. P

Has any one ever tried putting the Bronco 2 spare tire carrier on their Explorer. I have a 91 explorer and would like to try this and know I would have to notch the rear hatch to make it fit. Any pictures or help would be greatly appreciated. THanks in advance...
  8. P

Thanks again Thanks again for the info and pics. Sorry it took so long to reply back and thank you. My laptop had died and I lost all my explorer info on it. I still plan on doing the swap with my Lincoln Mark VIII 2 speed fan. Of course i need to replace the fan blade on it as I cracked one of...
  9. P

Roof Rack Question

I have added a (3x4) roof rack and also put my spare in the basket as well. How much weight will it hold before it seperates from the roof. How is the factory luggage rack held on and should I actually drill out each location and use some grade 8 bolts in their place.. Thanks for any help in...
  10. P

Do you have any diagrams or pictures of the led setup. I would love to have one set up this way.
  11. P

Was it from a 3.8, 4.0 or 4.6 mustang fan. This is exactly what I want to do to mine. Do you have any pics of it and your controller. Thanks again for sharing your ideas.
  12. P

Xeek's '91 - September 2012 TOTM

What did you make your pvc catch can out of. Deron from Pick N Pull.
  13. P

headlight relay mod problems

[B]Im currently doing the relay mod for the low beams on my headlights for my 91 exolorer. I have the relay and most of it wired but the problem I am having is where do I tap in to the wiring to get power to both lights. I can not find where the right and the left meet at so i can cut it there...
  14. P

Hello new guy needs help with fog light switch 1993 XLT

I found that I dont have the correct trim panel by looking at some 91 - 94 models in the junk yard. None of them had fog lights though. Mine only has 2 mounting locations instead of three. Now to find some pics of the wiring under the dash. :us:
  15. P

Hello new guy needs help with fog light switch 1993 XLT

Where would the factory fog lamp switch be mounted at. I found the wiring under the hood next to each headlight but I dont know where the relay is located plus trying to find where the wiring is under the dash is driving me nuts. Any pics if possible please. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  16. P

Foxracin's 1991 Exploder

Cb What model cb is that. Its awesome looking and your ride is one super ride and I have enjoyed your post. Whats next.:us:
  17. P

How to: Auxilary/offroad lites

stickies I love the stickies.I overload my mind reading all of these. Thanks again. :salute:stickies:salute:
  18. P

Squeek, Squeek, Squeek

Thanks Thanks for the reply and info. The 93 - 94 does look like a better design.I did not know the bearing could be changed. Does it have to be pressed out and does anyone know of any bearing p/n that will work. Going out side now to put my newer 130 amp back on and taking the old but steady...
  19. P

Squeek, Squeek, Squeek

My 91 Explorer has developed a squeeking noise and is driving me crazy. Its coming from one of the pulleys or the belt. I changed the idle and tensioner pulley and that didnt help much. Then I put my spare alternator on and that helped alot but I still have a noise. I got some wd 40 on the...
  20. P

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Not to change the subject, but what size tires are you using and what size rim. Offset ans width. Those are what I am looking for. Love the bumper as well. Wish I had the skills to do my own.
  21. P

Brighter headlights on Gen-1 explorer

Where were the modules located at so I can swap mine out at the same time as that is a great idea.
  22. P

Interior lights questions

Great Idea Sounds like a great idea. I hope I can remember to unlock it before slamming the hatch shut. Thank you.:thumbsup:
  23. P

Interior lights questions

I tend to leave the tailgate open for extended times and worry that I will run the battery down from the interior lights being on. Has anyone installed a switch to shut the lights off while the rear hatch is open on a 91 explorer. Can I add a switch like the newer models have. If so does anyone...
  24. P

91 radio diagram

I do believe thats what I need. Now to figure out why I lost power to the radio and aftermarket alarm. Checked my fuses under the dash and they all look fine. Dont know where the fuse is as I dont have the diagram for the fuse box in the vehicle or under the hood. Thanks for the help...
  25. P

91 radio diagram

I am looking for a diagram of the 91 model radio wiring. I was unable to find it in the search engine. I cant seem to find the illumination wire fore the radio. I could always run it over to the headlight switch. My haynes manua doesnt have a diagram in it for some reason.:us:l
Back