Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mmartin028

Window Tinting

Well, after talking about it for months, I finally had the front windows tinted. They're the same darkness as the rear ones and I hope they keep my black interior a little bit cooler in the sun.
  2. mmartin028

2016 LED headlights in a 2015?

But is the low beam LED the same 9005 bulb as the 2011-2015 EX?
  3. mmartin028

Anyone here close to Nashville?

I live in Nashville and it would be cool to meet up with other EX owners to see what you've done with them? Anyone interested?
  4. mmartin028

Leak in my fog light housing.

So I replaced my fog lights with LED bulbs and the passenger side got a mist of water inside it (after driving in the rain). So I pulled the bulb and dryed the inside (no easy feat). I then re-seated the bulb making sure that it was tight. Had no rain for the last couple of days and...
  5. mmartin028

2016 LED headlights in a 2015?

I hear how wonderful the LED headlights are in the 2016 EX. Is it possible to use those bulbs in a 2015 EX or are they a completely different animal?
  6. mmartin028

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Added the "Explorer" lettering to the front of the hood.
  7. mmartin028

Changed to LED puddle lights.
  8. mmartin028

What did you use to black out the handles?
  9. mmartin028

This weekend I added LED Fogs. Got them on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-H11-Projector/dp/B00LNOK4E4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 They are much brighter than the halogens, however, they spread some of the light to the sides and higher (above...
  10. mmartin028

Tuners in general

Livernois, With your tune on a 3.5 NA motor, do the plugs need to be re-gapped first, or is it safe to just load the tune and start driving? My Explorer has about 34,000 miles on it now. Plus, is there anyone else here who has used the Livernois tune on the 3.5 NA motor that can give some...
  11. mmartin028

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

Yes, you can plastidip your grille without taking it off. Just remove the 7 bolts and 2 plastic fasteners (shown on step one above) and gently pull the grill forward. It will give you enough room to put some paper or cardboard between the inside of the grille and the radiator. I used a few...
  12. mmartin028

Is synthetic oil worth it?

Well then the 48% oil life left makes sense since about 75% of my driving is highway miles. Looks like I still got some time (miles) left. Thanks.
  13. mmartin028

Anyone install a black grille on a white Limited?

Yes. I used a spray can. I removed the bolts and 2 plastic clips from the top piece above the grill (inside the engine bay). Was then able to pull the grill forward a bit to slide down a piece of cardboard to block the radiator. It worked out well.
  14. mmartin028

Well, I've had my "used" Explorer for a month and a half and put about 4500 miles on it. I have a long 1500+ mile trip coming up next week. My oil monitor is saying I still have 48% life left. Does the oil monitor actually analize the properties of the oil, or does it just calculate mileage...
  15. mmartin028

I like that too and was thinking about keeping those skinny pieces chrome on mine, but there are two other explorers in our neighborhood (both with black exteriors) that look like that and I wanted to be a bit different. But that's the beauty of plastidipping. You can always change your mind :)
  16. mmartin028

Being a person that owns a white XLT with black interior and now a black grill, I don't understand your reasoning. What does the interior color have to with the grill color? I can see interiors and exteriors as a bad combination (blue interior and red exterior). But grills?
  17. mmartin028

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

I just finished plastidipping my grill. I wonder if people getting out of my way is now in my future as well. I drive a lot on the highway so that may be a refreshing change.
  18. mmartin028

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

Being that my old hometown is Pittsburgh, PA...black and yellow (or gold) is a beautiful color combination :D
  19. mmartin028

Did some Plastidipping today on the front grill, back emblems, and chrome strip. Used a couple of coats of the Plastidip Glossifier on top to give it some shine and hopefully more protection from rocks and bugs. I'm not sure if I'm 100% satisfied with the rough textured look of the Plastidip...
  20. mmartin028

A manual transmission would be pretty awesome though :D
  21. mmartin028

I'm actually plastidipping the grill on my '15 white XLT now (in between coats at the moment). I already did the chrome piece and emblems on the back but may re-do them cause I'm not 100% satisfied. A couple of bumps are on the 4WD emblem and there was a little bit of peeling on the chrome...
  22. mmartin028

Installing HID? Read this first.

I know this is an old thread, but where did you get the LED lights that go around the headlight housing?
  23. mmartin028

A friend of mine had an Acura MDX (don't know which year), that had major battery issues. He had to change his every year or so. The dealer told him that was normal since there were so many electronics installed in these SUVs nowadays. I was with him one morning headed to the airport and we...
Back