Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Steel Wheel Hubcap Interchangeable?

Yes it appears as though my steelies look like the ones in pic 11 above.
  2. M

Steel Wheel Hubcap Interchangeable?

I have a 2016 Sport and Ford provided me with 18" steel wheels and winter tires for winter use. It was part of the promotion when I bought the car. It's dark grey and kinda amazing to see everyone slow down around me especially in the winter months when I'm running on the steelies. I'd also...
  3. M

Highway shudder

Been driving the EX for the last month basically feeling this issue every time I get it on the freeway. The dealership we had the car at isn't willing to invest any more time into it unless Ford comes out with a TSB. I guess in a way I can't be too upset with the dealer as just throwing parts...
  4. M

Highway shudder

The car has been at the dealer since last monday. Various people from the dealer have driven it, and they can't seem to figure out the issue. The manager drove our car and another one they had on the lot. The consensus is that this shuddering may be a NORMAL driving characteristic of it...
  5. M

Highway shudder

So it seems the issue has made a comeback! So frustrating, because I love everything about the Explorer. It's not as bad as it was before, use to be on steep inclines it was worse but now seems to occur on flat sections under slight acceleration! Anyone else notice their Explorers doing this?
  6. M

Highway shudder

They gave us a loaner for almost 2 weeks while waiting for and installing torque converter. My wife has 3 little kids to pack around and we needed a vehicle. Lol, not really my problem that Ford doesn't pay for loaner cars. They built a product that we paid good money for that has a warranty...
  7. M

Highway shudder

Is it the tread beginning with the guy talking about tire issues? I know it's not tire related. It only happens/happened when just touching the gas peddle to hold cruise speed or slowly speeding up. Worse when you hit an incline. As I mentioned too the new torque converter seems to really...
  8. M

Highway shudder

Hi everyone. Its been a long time since I posted. Been having an issue with my 2016 Explorer Sport(well a couple but this is the most annoying one). Anytime I'm travelling at highway speeds, 6th gear between 80-100 kph, I get a shake or shudder. It happens when cruising at steady speed, or...
  9. M

Hello from Vancouver BC

Received the new Ex Sport last week...just haven't had time to come back on here to say how much I love this thing so far! Best vehicle I've owned to date! Although for performance it feels close to our 2006 Acura TL we use to have. TL is defiantly a close 2nd. Love getting on it when...
  10. M

Moonroof + Cargo Box

Thanks I had a quick read. Looks like those are the pre-2016's with raised roof rails...similar to what have on our current Murano. Does anybody have any more experience with the 2016's. I'm going to keep looking into this because 50lbs is nothing for weight! That's barely enough for a...
  11. M

Moonroof + Cargo Box

I gave the thumbs down because I already have the box and may have to spend the money going down a different route. I'm also not at all impressed that you can't put much on the roof! It's an SUV for god sakes!!! U standing for UTILITY. I'm sure canoes or kayaks are out of the question too...
  12. M

Moonroof + Cargo Box

I don't have the X yet. Had a look at the owner's manual online. Says 100lb limit no moon roof, 50lb limit with moon roof. Is this simply due to the "strength" of the roof being compromised due to the moon roof "cut out"? We generally don't put super heavy stuff in the box, but 50lbs is...
  13. M

Moonroof + Cargo Box

Hope this doesn't cause us any issues with our 2016 we've ordered. We have a Thule Atlantis 1600xt box we used on family trips with our 2011 Murano. We also had the Thule Aero blades that clamped onto the roof rails. The 2016 Explorers now have flush-mount rails so the Thule bars won't work...
  14. M

2016 Sport tires

Sounds to me like the Hankook Optimo's came on the earlier Explorers. I'd rather pay a little extra to get better tires.
  15. M

Seat Covers

Thanks for the reply. I read through all the posts but was still wondering about the OEM covers. Are yours made by covercraft? The Ford website says they are "Seat Savers by Covercraft". My salesman said they don't stock them and they'll have to be special order. Won't order them unless I'm...
  16. M

2016 Explorer Sport boat/small trailer.

Hence why I think scaling is always a good idea. Scale empty(except my ass in the driver seat) then go from there.
  17. M

2016 Sport tires

My salesman said he will let me know when it arrives what tires are on it. I've also had a chat with service and parts departments. They will give me full credit on the tires. I'll just have to pay the labour part, which is totally fair in my opinion. They'll probably just do this when it's...
  18. M

Reading into this a bit more plus what TBM said it sounds like the 5000lb tow rating is the max it can tow basically with 1 person-the driver in the car. If I add 1000lbs of people and cargo would I be safe to assume the tow rating drops down to 4000lbs? In the pick-up truck world it seems...
  19. M

2016 Sport tires

Going onto Tirerack reading the reviews on the Optimo's have me believe they aren't very good. Reading reviews on the Ventus tires indicate they are excellent tires. Read this on several review sites. I'd rather tell my salesman to swap out "less than stellar" tires when they are still new and...
  20. M

Seat Covers

Getting my new 2016 Sport next week. Trying to protect the interior from the kid's., etc. Already ordered weather tech floor mats. Dealer is throwing in rear cargo mat. Hoping to find some info on seat covers. Only want to install on 2nd and 3rd row while leaving front seats uncovered...
  21. M

Thanks Yes we ordered a 2016 Sport which comes with the class 3 hitch. Does anyone know what the max payload capacity is? I'm talking payload not trailer weight... Passengers, gear, tongue weight, etc. Seems easy to find that info on pick-ups eg when building an F-150 on Ford website it...
  22. M

Getting a 2016 Explorer Sport next week. I'm aware of the 5,000 lb towing capacity. We have 3 young kids that are only getting bigger every year. We like to take summer trips about 5 hours away from home. We are considering a 21' speed boat in the near future. Think the boat and...
  23. M

2016 Sport tires

Hopefully that's what mine will have, thanks a lot. Have you guys found them them to be good? Reviews seem really good. Sounds like they offer a good balance of handling, wet/dry performance and comfort. Even though it's an SUV I still enjoy "driving" when the wife and kids aren't in the...
  24. M

2016 Sport tires

Hi everyone. Ordered a 2016 Explorer Sport, should be here next week!!:D Does anyone know what tires they come with? It'll be a Canadian model. My salesman doesn't seem to know. I heard they may be Hankook Ventus or Optimo. Read that the Ventus are really good but the Optimos are junk...
  25. M

Hello from Vancouver BC

Hi everyone. Ordered a 2016 Explorer Sport back in November and still awaiting arrival. Should be here next week, left Chicago on Feb 27th. We ordered it in Magentic colour, added the sunroof, second row bucket seats ( have 3 kids, 2 still in car seats, 1 in booster.). We also added LED fog...
Back