Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Seat memory issues

Sadly I am still having the issue. Every now and then it starts working normal for a few day. Ironically almost every time I take it through the car wash. I need to get it in to the dealer and have them check it out. I have tried all the self fixes above and nothing works for me. My seat...
  2. K

Seat memory issues

Taking mine in Tuesday for the same issue. It started about 2 weeks ago with the driving seat not going back to the memory position all the way after starting. Then a few days ago it stopped going to the memory position at all unless I hit memory 1. Now today, the easy entry/exit stopped...
  3. K

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

Congrats! Beautiful ride! Enjoy :D
  4. K

Platinum - Price paid?

I don't think $49k is unattainable at all! I wouldn't pay more than that at all.
  5. K

Platinum - Price paid?

I purchased in March. 2016 Platinum no bucket seats, but was able to negotiate $2500 under invoice. Gap between invoice and MSRP on my vehicle was about $2,310, so a total off MSRP was just under $5000. I also got perma plate and all weather floor mats thrown in for free. We started...
  6. K

Looking to purchase my first Ford.

I say go for the brand new non damaged Platinum. If your going to fork out that kinda of money on a new car, have it be perfect. That's just me. I wouldn't want my new platinum with parts from the junk yard.
  7. K

Sport or Platinum!!!!

I just love the way it looks in the sunlight!! Gorgeous!! This is my first explorer. Before this car I had a Mercedes Benz GL450. Before the Benz I had a Expedition and an Excursion. The Benz was nice, but man this Ex Platinum gives it a run for it's money!
  8. K

Sport or Platinum!!!!

Your welcome! I ended up with the Magnetic Gray. Gorgeous color. It was between the tri coat white and Magnetic on both models :) I know the tough decision your facing! LOL! I love the blacked out look of the Sport and the red stitching on the seats. But I do love the look of the...
  9. K

Sport or Platinum!!!!

I too went back and forth between the Sport and Platinum for over two weeks. I ended up with the Platinum and couldn't be happier. The lane keep, park assist, auto high beams, rain sensing wipers and massage seats are great and not available on the sport. The massage seats to me are amazing...
  10. K

What model Explorer do you have?

Love my Platinum! The Sport was a definite runner up! Took me two weeks to decide which one. The massaging seats won :D
  11. K

How many actually own an Explorer

This is my first Explorer (which I love!) In the past I have owned a Expedition and a diesel Excursion.
  12. K

Radio won't turn on

I have had my 2016 for one month, has 1200 miles on the clock. Happened for the first time yesterday. Started car at the car wash and radio would't work (thought the car wash was to blame :D) Went into Costco and came out, started the car and it was working again. So far today it has worked...
  13. K

Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport

Congrats! Im really enjoying my new EX Platinum. Went back and forth between the Platinum and the Sport for two weeks. Love the red stitching and the blacked out features of the sport! https://pix.sfly.com/bgoogF
  14. K

Platinum Choice: Black / Black or Silver / Black?

I agree that the silver looks washed out with all the brushed aluminum on the platinum. The black is gorgeous, but hard to keep clean. That is why I went with Magnetic :D But between black and silver I vote black all the way!
  15. K

What colour/color is your Explorer?

'16 Platinum in Magnetic here, it's gorgeous!
  16. K

2016 Sport vs. Platinum Suspension - Any Difference?

On Ford.com, I compared the two models and went under the power and handling tab it states "unique sport tuned independent front and rear suspension" standard on both sport and platinum. I added the limited model to just see what it said and it showed "unavailable" making me think sport and...
  17. K

2016 Sport vs. Platinum Suspension - Any Difference?

According to the Ford website both the Sport and the Platinum state they have "sport tuned front and rear suspension". I noticed the ride to be the same, power the same, but the steering on the sport seemed stiffer. A fully equipped Sport is only a few grand less than the Platinum. The...
  18. K

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Mine was a white card in with my car manual in the glove box.
  19. K

Hi there!

Thank you :)
  20. K

Hi there!

Looking to purchase a new 2016 Explorer in the Platinum trim. Just started my research :) I currently have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland which I love, but really need the extra room and 3rd row seating. Wanted to say hello :D
Back