Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Help indentifying a small part from my Explorer

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. The part is intriguing because the size and shape but especially the end with the "tread" on it make it look like a button or some other part that wants to be "pushed". It looks like it might be a lever of some sort. @sheltonfilms suggestion that it...
  2. X

Help indentifying a small part from my Explorer

I own a 2012 Ford Explorer, base model. Got in my car the other day and found a small black plastic piece sitting on the carpet at my feet. I presume it fell out from somewhere behind the driver's dash but I do not know that for sure. It is a FoMoCo part numbered #DG13-1522609-ABW. I figured I...
  3. X

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

When you start the car all the indicator lights including the airbag light go on so that you know the actual light is OK. After a few seconds the airbag light goes out while the Restraints Control Module runs tests on the entire airbag system. This takes several seconds. If a problem is found...
  4. X

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

What is frustrating is that the Ford Service Manual is VERY detailed about what steps that the tech should take for every specific airbag fault code. These steps really should get to the actual problem. The thresholds for the circuits to all be considered "OK" by the Restraints Control Module...
  5. X

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

This info is specific to the 2012 Ford Explorer with airbag code 1212:13. 2012 Ford Explorer, base, 30,000 miles. Airbag light came on. Fixed the problem. Used Forscan software to analyze the problem. Code was 1212:13. Looking at the factory service manual this is the Driver Seatbelt Buckle...
Back