Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Installed the OEM hitch on my 2016, along with the bmc customs bumper protector.
  2. W

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

Confirmed! Delivery arrived today. GB5Z-19D520-A Is the 2016 hitch part #. Only difference appears to be that the 2011-15 black plastic fascia isn't included. I previously linked to the 2016 limited fascia part number. Those with base, sport, or platinum will need to order their respective...
  3. W

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

Way easier! Thanks for the tip. M6? What length do you have there?
  4. W

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

We have a cargo bag that goes on the roof. It doesn't require cross bars. On our Acadia, we just wrapped the straps around the roof rails. Not an option now. Thinking I'll get some plate steel and make some tabs that bolt to the cross rail mounts. They'll have a slot that I can run the...
  5. W

Hmmmmm....wonder if that's the same hitch just w/out the 2011-15 fascia plastic. I guess we'll find out!
  6. W

I'm planning on tackling this installation on my 2016 limited. Can anyone confirm that BB5Z-19D520-AA fits the 2016 EX? I climbed under the truck today and all the mounting points look to be the same. Just do t want to deal with shipping it back if it's not the right one. I think I've...
Back