Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

What to look for when buying a 92?

Not true...my '92 is at 89xxx miles right now. I know it's accurate because I'm the second owner and the original owner kept all the maintenance records. Older Explorers with low mileage do exist.
  2. 9

U Can't Touch

Rehashing an old thread here because I was lucky enough to see one of these in person. It was in a hotel parking lot near my work. The cars on both sides of it are a Bentley and a Touareg, both traveling with him. I talked to the owner briefly, he had a Russian accent and was from Colorado. I...
  3. 9

What to do about muffler rattle?

Hey by any chance do you guys happen to know what size clamp I need? Thanks
  4. 9

Ok thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it.
  5. 9

So is this the kind of wire I would need: http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=7701050&Description=Wire+%2f+Utility If so should I get 18 gauge or 19 gauge? Or do I need a different kind of wire? Thanks a lot.
  6. 9

Hey guys, the other day I heard a rattling sound coming from underneath my Explorer and when I went to investigate here is what I found... http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0008lu0.jpg http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0005jj4.jpg...
  7. 9

Thoughts on 2001 Jeep Cherokee?

Hey guys, at the risk of being labeled a traitor or worse, I'm looking at buying a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It's a 4 door, 4x4, V6, automatic with 50,000 miles. I can get it for $10,000. Carfax checks out clean and it is a one-owner vehicle. I'm going to get it looked at by a mechanic in a day...
  8. 9

Cooked subwoofer in 94 Limited - replace with?

What do you guys think of these? http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=18567
  9. 9

Next Ford Explorer to be a CUV

Yeah please state your case as to how or why cars from the American companies are "inferior"
  10. 9

Me neither james
  11. 9

I agree whole-heartedly. Couldn't have said it better myself, and I work at a Toyota dealership!
  12. 9

Oil Leak

Thanks for your input. I think I'll just try the stop-leak and if it doesn't work then I'll leave it at that. I don't really want to put that much money into it.
  13. 9

Oil Leak

Thanks for the reply. $800! I guess I'll just have to live with it.
  14. 9

Oil Leak

Hey guys, I noticed my 92 xlt was leaking some oil from the rear main seal area, so I took it to a local shop for diagnosis and they confirmed that it was leaking oil from the rear main seal. They said my best bet would be to put an oil leak additive in it to try and stop the leak. They...
  15. 9

Low Mileage 1st Gens

I just hit 71k on my 92 xlt. I am the second owner and have every service record and info that came with the truck, I even have the letters from Ford to the original owner about the infamous tire recall.
  16. 9

Good Price?

I paid $3700 for my 92 xlt last year. It had just under 70k when I bought it and is in near perfect condition, inside and out.
  17. 9

1st gens with two tone paint jobs?

I have the same paint job as Brandons does
  18. 9

pin stripes???

1996Limited, yeah i think ill try that out and see what i think, thanks for the suggestion.
  19. 9

pin stripes???

Brandons, i like your truck, i've got that exact same paint job on my 92 xlt, i also noticed that the paint is uneven between the doors, i don't have any dents (yet) *knock on wood*
  20. 9

Bad Oil

Thanks everyone
  21. 9

Bad Oil

Hey guys, I was just wondering what's the best way to check for coolant in the oil and oil in the coolant? The method of burning the oil on the oilstick with a lighter to see if any water on the oilstick boils seems like it wouldn't work because it would take a long time to get any water to...
  22. 9

Bad Oil

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will continue to check the oil, get it changed again in a couple hundred miles, and hope for the best.
  23. 9

Bad Oil

No I already changed it. You really think I need to change it again in a couple hundred miles? Yes you did make your point and I thank you for all your help.
  24. 9

Bad Oil

Thanks for all the insight guys. I will continue to monitor the oil and coolant and hope for the best. If it does repeat do you think a mechanic will be able to determine for sure what's causing this problem?
  25. 9

Bad Oil

You're saying that it's probably not coolant in the oil because I haven't experienced any coolant loss, right? So the mechanic that changed the intake gaskets could've contaminated the oil when he changed the gaskets, in which case i wouldn't really have a problem and have to repair anything...
Back