Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Plain ol' Explorer... (56k warning)

what do u get in the quarter?
  2. B

Burns SAS thread

that thing is freakin awesome. good job.
  3. B

1991 Lift Kit

3 inch body, 5.5 superlift, coil spacers and shackels and youll have about 10.5" lift.
  4. B

how bad did i screw up

im running 80-90 in my rear end and i have been for forever
  5. B

will this bolt right up?

yea i know i wont be able to have 4wd for a while and i really like the disk that ill have now. im just ready to get it out of his explorer and into mine.
  6. B

will this bolt right up?

a friend of mine has a 99 limited explorer and he hit a deer and now its totalled. his rear end is fine and everything and i looked at his axle code and hes got 4.10s and he said that he will just give me his whole rear end since he bought his explorer back for a parts vehicle. can i just take...
  7. B

help! amps wont turn off!

my amps wouldnt turn off before, drained my battery. i just hooked a switch up to it to manually turn it on and off.
  8. B

Dana 60 being installed under my 91

looks really good. how wide are those boggers?
  9. B

31's, 32's, or 33's

i would go with a 31 over a 30. youll want to go to a bigger size after you get used to the 30. i had 33s thinking they were big, i thought so for about a week then went to 35s and ive had my 35s for maybe 3 weeks and im getting my stuff ready for a sas and ill go to a 38 or 40 inch tire. so i...
  10. B

finally sittin on some 35s

hehe maybe ill do that too :D
  11. B

thanks. i really wanted a cowl hood for my explorer but didnt have the money. so i just went and bought some of those stick on hood scoops. it looks good in ways but some ways i think it looks bad just because their stick on scoops. i just hadnt done anything to my explorer in a while so i just...
  12. B

right now i have 3.73 in my explorer, about 7-8 mpg probably. i have 4.56s that are getting installed next week probably.
  13. B

my front is a rough country lift, cost about 80 bucks for me but normally cost 130. the rear is just like autozone shackles, except i got them at O'Reilly's. the front lift was just 2 coil springs, and the rear was just 4 pieces of metal, nuts, bolts, and washers. the rear lift cost me 10 bucks...
  14. B

31's, 32's, or 33's

cheap lift - torsion twist, shackles and you could maybe fit 32s.
  15. B

Tough Country 4" suspension lift.

i would go ahead and order the shocks with it to save you time to go to the parts store to get them, you need the pitman arm, its for steering, and with a 2 inch body lift and 4 inch suspension, yes, you can fit 33s.
  16. B

Is this good?

Today I got a Visonik 1000 watt amp today - V4218 for an early christmas present. I havent swapped it out with my other amp yet so I'm not sure how it is. Does anyone have this kind of amp? Or any kind of Visonik amp? How do they sound? and are they an alright amp?
  17. B

Wierd Problem

i have this same problem. i am going to replace my negative cables on my battery cause i have heard that might cause it too. but running the signal cables on opposite side, i dont know much about stereos, which wires can't cross with which? thanks.
  18. B

P265/70r16?

a 265/70 is a 31x10.50 and many people have fit them stock so you should have no problems.
  19. B

get an alignment after you put in the new springs.
  20. B

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

wow...thats a good picture of your explorer
  21. B

the 2 inch lift was very easy to install, front took me about an hour, and back took me about 20 minutes or so for both sides.
  22. B

I got it at a local place here in town but www.performancecenter.com has them.
  23. B

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

i have heard that if you make shackels for about 3 inches than 2, it will not actually get you 3 inches of lift..is this true? i already have 2 inch shackels so im not thinking of doing this im just checking to see if this is true.
  24. B

So, last night the X got egg'd

man that sucks that happend...nothing pisses me off more than when someone goes and screws with someone elses vehicle.
  25. B

skyjacker 2" lift

ive done the same lift, just shackels and different brand coils. my camber was waaay out of alignment and shops in this town wouldnt even touch it. it started to piss me off cause my explorer looked all messed up going down the road. my manager up at work has done alignment for years but we dont...
Back