Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2013 Explorer Sport Rough Idle / Bucking on Cold Starts

Unless you are sitting inside the car you will not be able to notice this. It is just small bucking one after the other for like less than a min on cold start up and it goes away. I usually drive with my seat lowered all the way down and I can feel these small bucking under the seat. It is very...
  2. C

It took a call to ford and a district manager involved and after all of that it took them a week to get my car in and do the testing. To be honest, I just have no time to keep going back and forth. Plus it is hard to argue with them when all the ecoboost explorer I tried seem to have the same...
  3. C

Fleet Warning Re: Lift Gate

I had that happen to me once when I was to close to the back of the vehicle trying to squeeze in between my car and a car parked right behind me and suddenly the lift gate opened. I figured that it was due to probably my foot getting under the car when I was trying to squeeze in between...
  4. C

Final update on this case. The regional service manager got in touch with the dealership finally, it took a week but they got together. I brought my sport down yesterday and they kept it overnight, They had a list of testing that needs to be done provided to them by the techline. They did all...
  5. C

Radio not working on startup

I tried it with both on and off and it still does it.
  6. C

Thanks Shaay, I already have the reminders set to off and even if I switch the 911 assist to on it still does it. It does it every time I turn the vehicle on and put reverse and then put back in drive. it is a specific pattern that does not fail.
  7. C

I have an note 5. Your dealership should be able to easily replicate the problem as it does it without fail. Good luck and keep me posted about that. As I said before my dealership is just avoiding giving me an answer and using the we will call and ask the tech line excuse.
  8. C

Hi Shaay, I have 911 assist turned off on mine.
  9. C

Quick updates on this if anyone is interested. I called ford customer service on Monday and they were great, they opened up a case for me and documented the issue and sent the case to the regional customer service manager. The regional manager called me on Tuesday and said that she will check...
  10. C

Yes 613GT500, that will be me who is having that issue with mobile device segment. Just curious what kind of phone do you have? The dealership did not get back to me yet on this issue, I am guessing that they are avoiding giving me a response as they do not have any straight forward answer...
  11. C

3 Problems with 2016 Ford explorer sport

Nothing yet from the dealer in regards to the MFT issue but I finally had the chance to take a pic of the mirror where they put in the silicon. If you see the part circled in orange you will be able to notice how they sealed it with silicon. Just thought this may help anyone having the same...
  12. C

Thanks Peter for your input. My explorer has 700 miles and I don't understand how TB can go bad unless there are a batch of defective ones. I love the truck but I feel frustrated from all the issues that I had. I want to enjoy that truck. I guess it is my bad luck :) My concern now is to...
  13. C

Can you please give me the tsb number and some info on it. I just left the dealership and they stated that the TB might be starting to go bad they will probably need to replace it but the cannot do so until I get the wrench light and the car starts to put me in limp mode. I told them I do not...
  14. C

I just noticed this same issue happening on my 2016 sport. Does anyone else have the same issue and is it the idle sensor that is causing it?
  15. C

Hi Peter, I just got the invoice and the part number is DB5Z-8C607-C Description is cooling fan assembly. The reason, I went to them today is that they called me and said the mirror is in. They replaced the mirror but the noise did not go away. They ended up putting some silicon in the gap...
  16. C

Hi Rebecca, I just left the dealer now, I showed them this issue and they put the car to check if there are any updates for the MFT, they said I was running the latest version and they have no idea why this is happening. They stated that they will put in a call to Ford to see what they say and...
  17. C

Hi, Update on the new fan assembly, so far no more noise while the fans are winding down just one click sound when the fans come to a complete stop. I figured that is normal. I am going back to the dealership to get the mirror changed. Once I do that and get the invoice from them I will check...
  18. C

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Please check the below thread, there are detailed info on how to get the factory number if you do not have the card. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366843
  19. C

I had the fan assembly replaced yesterday, the service manager said that ford issued new part numbers for this assembly. so far, I have no more winding squeaking noise. I will keep an eye (or an ear) on it and will let you know. In regards to the whistling mirror, the dealership had to...
  20. C

Just got a call back from the dealership, they ordered new fan assembly to replace the one I have, they said that they did replace a few of these on 2016 explorers and this should solve the fan noise when winding down. I would not hold my breath for it. They are also waiting on Ford tech line...
  21. C

Hi, I am a new member who just signed in but i have been reading posts in this forum for a while now. Very helpful information provided here. I picked up my 2016 ford explorer sport less than a week ago and i noticed 3 things that i would like to share with all of you and hopefully you can...
Back