• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. New Rims 2

New Rims 2

2. New Rims 1

New Rims 1

3. FXplorer

double din install kit

I have din-1/2 installed in my '99. There doesn't seem to have any room for double din without modifying the dash opening. '96 year may have different design.
  4. FXplorer

IAC or Alternator?

Definitely sounds like alternator. Some accessories only work when the engine is running thus they are dependent on alternator power. Bad battery cells will allow the vehicle to start but will kill the motor as soon as a load (lights, radio, etc.) are placed on it. Since you mention everything...
  5. FXplorer

Fuel Filter

Yes..frame rail near driver side door. Easier if you jack up your X. There are clips which hold the fuel hoses to filter. Remove those first. Probably small flat blade screwdriver will work. Removal tool I bought from Pep Boys works well. It is not plastic but metal...There are two...
  6. FXplorer

Bosch +4 Plugs

Has anyone had problems with these plugs. I was planning to change my plugs on my X this past weekend (ran out of daylight). Managed to swap out driver side 3 plugs from Bosch +4 to Autolite double plat. The far plug (closest to EGR plumbing) had 2 outer electrodes touching the center one. Is...
  7. FXplorer

TPS Replacement Question?

Look at the TPS. There is a circular plastic piece with a gap in the middle. Align the gap with the paddle coming from the throttle body. You want it aligned than slightly rotate TPS downward..you will feel slight tension. Screw back in and you're done. If you happened to manually try to turn...
  8. FXplorer

Unsteady idle

How long, do you figure, would water or moisture remain in the fuel system? I have fuled up several times since but I still get the unsteady idle. Not dying on me now.
  9. FXplorer

Unsteady idle

I know for sure the fuel from boat is 4-stroke regular gasoline. I tested for vacuum leaks using ether but no gauge. Do you think it could in fact be slight misfiring from the plugs/wires?
  10. FXplorer

Unsteady idle

The past month or so I've developed a rough idle. When I first start my car up, I have to let it warm up for a few minutes regardless of outside temperature. Her idle waivers slightly at the tach and I can definitely feel it. On several occasions she would start to really idle badly on the...
  11. FXplorer

Auto Dim/Auto Light Mirror

Black/Pink wire in the same harness is for backup lights, which also ties into the RAP module.
  12. FXplorer

Exhaust for 99 SOHC?

Two inlets and one out, right? Is this something I have to take to exhaust shop for fab?
  13. FXplorer

Making gauges come on w/ auto lights

Did you run the power for your overlays directly to the light switch. Red/black wire. I have overlay and I wired it there and have never had a problem. Overlay illumination will cover up factory lighting other than odometer, etc. If you have dim controller for overlay then you can adjust...
  14. FXplorer

Exhaust for 99 SOHC?

Anyone have help on performance exhaust for 99 SOHC with 2-catalic converters. Would prefer deep sound, not ricey.
  15. FXplorer

Auto Dim/Auto Light Mirror

I've seen a few threads about where to hook up the auto light on mirror to white/purple wire. I had tried them all and they never worked. If you remove the plastic panel over the driver side door sill and pull up the carpet, you will see a bundle of wire. The white/purple wire is the one to...
  16. FXplorer

Brake Problems

Problem with brakes figured out. It appears that one of the outer bearings were slightly too big. Just a miniscule but enough that it didn't seat properly which in turn didn't seat the rotor properly. Wrong size bearing was provided by Pep Boys which have given me the wrong parts several times...
  17. FXplorer

Brake Problems

Installed slotted/drilled rotors with ceramic pads. Now brakes feel weak all around and occassionally pedal goes to floor. When I turn the wheel and move I can hear a dragging / groaning sound. Any ideas?
  18. FXplorer

Not Starting Right Away

Well, the belt squealing has stopped. Seems the belt i got from Pep Boys was slightly too long and wouldn't let the tensioner adjust fully. Replaced with a belt from Advance auto and squeal is gone. When I compared the first belt with my old one, they seemed to be the same size. guess not...
  19. FXplorer

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

I've been running Silverstars 9007 headlights for a while now and I really notice a difference. Changed out so-called HID blue H1s you can get at Pep Boys with Silverstar H1s on my foglights and incredible difference. The other so-called HID-look lights never seem to light up the road as well...
  20. FXplorer

Flowmaster on SOHC V6

Just wondering what a Flowmaster sounds like on the 4.0 SOHC. Does it have a sound closer to a V8 or is it cheesy like all the rice-burners you see running around these days?
  21. FXplorer

Not Starting Right Away

Okay, so this morning I go out to start up my X and it started right up. No problems as before. CEL was on so I disconnected my battery for EXACTLY 30 minutes, reconnected, started right up, no more CEL....I don't know if this means anything but decided to swap AC and FP relays. Now I have a...
  22. FXplorer

Not Starting Right Away

I tried the key on key off and it didn't seem to make a differnce. Anyway, I was going to replace the TPS and couldn't get the two screws off without them stripping. Whille I had the hood up I pulled some plug wires to check them out. Seemed okay and replaced wires in correct order. So I put...
  23. FXplorer

EBay Billet Grilles - Yay or Nay?

I bought one on e-bay a while ago, and the quality was really good. Really sturdy. You have to remove the entire grill assembly and cut out the original plastic grill assembly. A sawzall works best. The factory grill has molded, curved sections so you will not have a perfectly smooth edge...
  24. FXplorer

How to: Lower your explorer (pics)

How did you get the front end lowered with just adding blocks to the rear?
  25. FXplorer

Front End Groaning

Ever since I took my car, on business, to a sandy area, I have been hearing a groaning noise in my front suspension. I can't really hear it when I bounce the front end manually, but it is noticable when I am driving over bumps, and indulations on the road. I can also feel it through the...
Back