Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

V6 to V8 questions

it's not so much that I can't do it it's mainly that I don't have any equipment and I would want it done professionally which would not be the end result of me getting a hold of it. If I'm gonna put that much time into something I'll finish my mustang. Corvette. Alfa. And whatever else is torn...
  2. B

V6 to V8 questions

I've also considered building the snot out of a 2.3T... that would be wicked fun. Different. And from my knowledge it should fit like a glove. Don't think I'd have any issues with it being lowered. And hacking stuff doesn't scare me. It's tearing the body apart or cutting into the frame that I...
  3. B

V6 to V8 questions

Very interesting! And it is a 2wd. I'm not doing just a plain stock 5.0 swap I intend on building a sick engine. Not sure what trans I'm running yet for all I know I may slap an auto in it. Though the goal is a 5 speed. I'll do some research and see what I can find out. It's a nice explorer and...
  4. B

V6 to V8 questions

Ahhhh okay. I actually have an AC unit to use. It's just that I don't wanna lift it or leave it stock. I wanna lower it a lot. I'm trying to build a fun street strip weekend warrior kinda ride. Nothing insane I'm not gonna be tubbing it or anything haha but yeah my concerns were about being able...
  5. B

V6 to V8 questions

lol thanks for the help.
  6. B

V6 to V8 questions

I have a 93 Sport 5 speed. I know the 5.0 swap is obviously possible but my question is can you lower it and still do the swap without having to do an insane amount of fab work. I was reading where people were saying its best to lift it a couple inches. Is that to make it an easier conversion or...
  7. B

1993 4.0 overheating

I don't wanna say the gauge is dead accurate but it seems to be fairly accurate. Have considered looking into replacing some stuff after the clutch and fan.
  8. B

1993 4.0 overheating

Definitely changing the fan either way haha I don't drive it often. Just a couple times to my shop. I just wanted to figure out the overheating issue before buying anymore parts. Everything seems to be alright now engine wise aside from running hot unless moving. When I first inspected the fan...
  9. B

1993 4.0 overheating

well... as if things couldnt get more confusing and aggravating its the opposite completely now... doesnt run even slightly hot when driving... only when stopped. I've tested it a bunch.. SOOOO.. the only logical thing now I guess thats quick and easy is to change the fan and fan clutch.. (fan...
  10. B

1993 4.0 overheating

I went down to my shop last night and topped the radiator off.. the overflow was empy and the hose had popped off.. it was gucky so i cleaned it. filled it. and put the hose back on. didnt tamper with anything and cranked her up. she ran very cool. for a while.. and then slowly started running...
  11. B

1993 4.0 overheating

Well since I already goofed up by not back filling her I was hoping to check it and put more water in if needed. She wasnt deathly hot and I would never just reach over and yank the radiator cap off. She could be barely starting to warm up and it would spew out like this. Again just concerned...
  12. B

1993 4.0 overheating

I considered the fan clutch though it appeared fine. Most of the time when the fan clutch is bad it will slow down when the rpms go up but function normally when idling. She ran cool at an idle until I drove her. Even when I bought it and was looking at it I let her idle and she ran cool. It's...
  13. B

1993 4.0 overheating

Hello, new to the thread. And very sorry if this has been posted before. I also am having trouble finding info on the web. Doesnt help that im bad with technology haha. I have a bone stock 1993 explorer sport. New water pump. New thermostat. New radiator. Changed the spark plugs and although old...
Back