Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

04 xlt 4.0 low fuel pressure

Solved Thought I would update this, albeit 2 months later. It turned out to be the Fuel Pressure sensor. And I learned to NEVER buy aftermarket Chinese parts..well at least not this particular sensor. After install every other part in the system, after it ran fine on the test drive, the next...
  2. C

Sorry to have to bring this back up but still not fixed. I replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and she started and ran great for the test ride, then went right back to the same as before. I replaced every part in the fuel system and still the same. I decided to check the FRPS again and...
  3. C

The filter was intact. The sensor I changed is on the fuel rail and only has a vacuum line and electric connector. Are you saying there is another one ? Or just that the 04 is a returnless system, I know there is a difference, I have an ‘03 that is now a parts car and was bummed to see I...
  4. C

Same code I had from the start. Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. I still have the old one, I will cut the old filter open today and look. The fuel that came out when I changed it was really dirty. Will also see if I can get a gauge on the fuel rail bleeder. Will have to rig something. I use ScanXL Pro...
  5. C

Well....that wasn't it. Car acted the same after the 3hr job. Same codes. Cleared the codes and now it struggles to even start. Thought it might be the PATS system. Saw a code refrencing it, but once cleared it didn't return. Fuel is not making it to the engine apparently. Was thinking of...
  6. C

Thanx for the reply. I kind of figured this was gonna be the answer. Was hoping it was possibly an external module of some sort that I didn't know about in the fuel system. The lack of pressure led me to believe I would be dropping the tank. Ugggg. Well, i dropped the tank in my '03 to drain...
  7. C

some background. Truck ran fine, turned on the a/c and after a short time she started to sputter, lost power and wanted to stall. Threw the Fuel Rail sensor code when I read it. I put in a new one (fun job) and took her fpr a test ride. Ran perfectly with and without the a/c. Parked and went to...
  8. C

Transmission swap - 03 into an 04

Hoping someone here can answer this. I have 2 Explorer XLT 4.0l The 03 spun a crank bearing, the 04 has trans issues. She slips when thrown in reverse, and locks up in forward. On the BAD advice of a relative "trans guy" I put a new torque converter in and the results were the same. So My...
  9. C

03 XLT 4dr - Front axle retainers ?

Ok..so I can pull the whole shaft out of the extension tube ? From all the pics I've seen of the CV shafts I thought they had a stubby female end and there was an axle shaft in the tube that it slide into. So there isn't a bearing on the end of the extension tube in front of the end seal ?
  10. C

03 XLT 4dr - Front axle retainers ?

Hey all...hoping someone here can answer my question and/or provide the actual part(s) i need. I have a pair of Explorers, an 03 and an 04. Both are xlt 4.0 4wd. My 03 has been making a thumping noise in the front end that starts after around 10 mph. It's louder on right turns and is almost...
Back