Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

2003 ST rear spring bushing part number and source.

Thank you very much. Your experience on this forum has really helped. I had given up.
  2. Y

2003 ST rear spring bushing part number and source.

When replacing the shackles on my 03 I damaged one of the spring bushings. The new shackles came with the frame side bushings but not the spring side. I cannot seem to find a good part number for them. I really hate to change out the whole spring. I have a piece of PVC in there right now and it...
  3. Y

2001 sport trac leaking roof

I was only able to get the right one recently for my 03. I sure would like a supplier for the left one.
  4. Y

05 XLT Door keypad code?

I could not find it by removing my dash cover and managed to break the corner for the effort. I removed my glove box and then found the module to the upper left. Remove it and it is on top. I then put the number in my manual and made a dymo label too. If you have two original keys you can make...
  5. Y

Yellow headlights

I bought inexpensive replacements. Cleaning them can be a real chore and those kits are not cheap.
  6. Y

Routing Through Firewall

Not sure what you are talking about but just remove the glove box should do the trick.
  7. Y

Water in driver carpet

If you have a sun roof the drain tube may be clogged and water can back up and run inside.
  8. Y

Hello from Florida

Hi neighbor. Have you checked your body mounts? If you are doing a lift it would be a good time to do them too.
  9. Y

no power, no start

Have you checked all of your fuses? You can see if will turn over by applying your own 12 volts on the starter solenoid using a jumper.
  10. Y

'00 sport SOHC 5r55e battery draining quickly.

Driving the vehicle a few times a day may just mask the problem. If the caps come off check the specific gravity. I just bought a 2003 sport trac that seemed to have a very good looking and clean battery. It was no cheapy either. After running the radio for just a few hours the battery was dead...
  11. Y

help needed please :)

Duplicolor trim paint. You can use their clear coat if you really want to but the paint by itself makes the plastic look new.
  12. Y

'00 sport SOHC 5r55e battery draining quickly.

Swap batteries between vehicles if possible.
  13. Y

Name this part!

Do you have fancy wheels with a security lug nut? Could be an adapter to remove them.
  14. Y

01 Explorer No Crank Security Light flashing

Good info Koda, thanks.
  15. Y

Just having a second key may NOT allow you to program any more on your own. My owners manual says you have to have two factory keys. Of course your mileage may vary. Jiggle the shift lever or put it in neutral as suggested. Of course press your brake pedal when starting.
  16. Y

Looking to put some mods on my Explorer

The plastic trim on the outside can be painted with Duplicolor paints made for the job. For a few dollars the outside trim can look like new.
  17. Y

05 Headliner starting to come down

It is not that hard to recover yourself. I bought a 2003 Sport Trac and did have to take the rear window out but with an Explorer it should come right out the back. The most difficult part is cleaning the old liner off. Some lacquer thinner did the trick along with some green scotch brite pads.
  18. Y

Try one of your other keys.
  19. Y

Crack - Crack - Crack noise when turn right

New wheel bearings can fail.
  20. Y

Crack - Crack - Crack noise when turn right

Sure sounds like wheel bearings.
  21. Y

How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap

Great write up. Now I know what the metal plate is called. The Spring Plate that is. Mine are very rusty so getting them off will be a breeze with the insight. Now does anyone know where to get the rubber grommets that go into the springs themselves. I changed my shackles due to severe rust...
  22. Y

charging voltage

My diagnosis was based on the OP's symptoms and not yours. If your voltage dips below 13.5 you charging system needs to be checked.
  23. Y

Antenna Base replacement 04 Explorer

Getting to the antenna through the wheel well is probably a bit time consuming but may be necessary. We install disguised two way radio antennas and often have to go to that extreme.
  24. Y

charging voltage

I see nothing wrong with those voltages. After starting the battery has dumped a lot of (electrons/marbles) out of the bucket/battery. The lowered voltage is sensed by the alternator and causes it to go into the higher charging state. I is trying to put the marbles back in the bucket fast...
  25. Y

Body Bushing

With the great help from this forum I had no problems changing mine out on my 2003 ST. It can be done without an impact wrench but a torch really makes that possible. I did use a three foot pipe on my 1/2 inch ratchet. This is a full days work or maybe more. Chasing the threads on the...
Back