Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Key turned off explorer would not stop running

Hi my 1994 ford explorer was running fine on my way to the gas station, however i kinda heard a rattling sound that I had never heard before. When I was stopping to get gas and put my car in park I turned the key for it to come off but it wouldn't turn off but the engine made a more chugging...
  2. M

Turns over, won't run

Yah I took it off someones hands on sunday who wanted nothing to do with fixing it and now its all better
  3. M

Turns over, won't run

After pulling numerous sensors and trying time and again to turn it over without success I got lucky with a sensor and was able to use starting fluid to turn it over. At this point it was determined it was a fuel problem so we went onto dropping the tank and found out the fuel pump was not...
  4. M

Turns over, won't run

thank you will keep you posted on how things go
  5. M

Turns over, won't run

My local auto parts store has no fuel pressure testers available but I will attempt to get one and test that this evening. Also verified that the firing order is correct. Where is the ICM located, I would like to try that next. I am also dropping the fuel tank this evening if I can't find a fuel...
  6. M

Turns over, won't run

how exactly do you test the fuel pressure?
  7. M

Turns over, won't run

We recently got a 1994 Ford Explorer that didn't run for a year and the owner wasn't sure what was wrong. So far, we have determined it may be an electrical issue, so we replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, and the coil pack. After this replacement, more cylinders fired but t still would not...
Back