Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Make sure your flash drive is NOT password protected! That's the first mistake I made, I had to but a flash drive without encryption for the update to proceed.
  2. C

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I just had the TSB for this done on my 2015 Limited at my local Ford dealer, I immediately took the vehicle on a highway and merged into traffic as before. I didn't detect the exhaust odor, so we will see if the TSB addressed the issue over time; I hope so, because otherwise I really like my...
  3. C

Looking to purchase my first Ford.

Why would you buy a new vehicle, even if hail damaged, and then go for junkyard parts? Bite the bullet and buy a new, undamaged vehicle, or even a used, low mileage Explorer with plenty of factory warranty left.
  4. C

I don't know if the TSB applies to 2016 model, but my 2015 Limited is going in for repair Monday May 16. Like your Explorer the smell seems to be coming from the front vents vice the rear, but we'll see if this TSB fixes the problem.
  5. C

Nobody's making up anything; why would Ford have issued Technical Service Bulletin 14-0130, Exhaust Odor In Vehicle, in July 2014 if there was no problem? And why do you have to be so hostile when we are discussing a legitimate problem? I just took my 2015 Explorer Limited to the dealer...
  6. C

I just purchased my 2015 Limited in April 2016, and I have had several instances of this problem. Heavy acceleration, such as merging onto the Interstate and RPM's between 4,500 to 6,000 will produce a smelly cabin every time, averting only in severity. My Explorer had 9K on the odometer when I...
  7. C

2016 Explorer Platinum Battery Issues

It's probably a warranty item if there's a defective battery; Ford will check the charging system I'm sure. Congratulations on your Platinum!
  8. C

fluids

I totally agree with that, transmission fluid is not that expensive, let that transmission go bad, you're talking money for sure!
  9. C

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I bought the Ford Explorer cargo mat for my 2015 Limited, and it fits very well. It comes rolled up in a rectangular box, but once you put it in, it flattens out. I like it because it has the "Explorer" logo. Here's a link...
  10. C

fluids

My owner's manual on my 2015 Limited says the transmission fluid normally does not require regular changes and should not require topping off under normal use. I don't see where it could hurt to do a fluid change if you wish, though.
  11. C

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

Thanks, all for the great response and advice! When I first looked at the brakes on my Explorer on the lot before I bought it, I was impressed with the size of the front calipers as well as the large swept area of the front and rear rotors. I have no doubt that they have good stopping...
  12. C

Thanks Charles for your reply. I too am leaning towards OEM brake components, I still have OEM pads and rotors for a 2007 Z51 Corvette I no longer own; I'm ready to sell them cheap, lol!
  13. C

Hello, I just purchased a 2015 Explorer Limited with only 9K on the odometer and it's great. I just wanted opinions on replacement parts when the time comes, namely brake pads and rotors. I plan on doing that work myself, and I'm inclined to go OEM/Motorcraft, since the vehicle is still under...
  14. C

I updated MFT/Synch this weekend, and now it's working MUCH better! Commands are understood, there's more interaction and explanation by Sync, and it interfaces much better with my iPod in selecting and playing songs and playlists. The update was easy to do once I got a non-encrypted flash...
  15. C

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I'm planning on updating the Synch today via USB. How can I ensure I have the latest version of MFT?
  16. C

Push button start can be turned off while driving!,,

I agree, actually there could be an emergency, collision, or accident where being able to turn off the ignition is a good thing. Distracted driving, cell phones, etc, are a big reason why accidents happen. Focus on your driving, save a life!
  17. C

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Hello, it says the video is private. I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited two weeks ago, and I have an update on my thumb drive set to install soon. I ran my Health Check successfully first, and now am ready to update with the thumb drive. I want to wait until I have a 30 minute drive so I...
  18. C

Aftermarket wheels

Deewan, do you have a part number for the Uni-Sensors?
  19. C

Aftermarket wheels

Thanks so much for the replies, I really appreciate it!! This is a great forum, and I'm glad I found it!
  20. C

Aftermarket wheels

Aftermarket Wheels and TPMS Hello, I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited, and I'm considering aftermarket wheels in the future. I plan on keeping the stock size of 255/50/20, but I have read that the stock TPMS sensors may not work with aftermarket wheels. Has anyone gone aftermarket, and if...
  21. C

Thanks Jason, I plan to do just that when I get home!
  22. C

Nav/MFT Update Hello, I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited, and registered with Ford online. The web page tells me there's an update available for My Ford Touch/navigation, and to download to a flash drive to do the update. Before I do this, has anyone had issues after an update? The...
  23. C

SD Card & Navigation

Question, where is the SD card for Nav installed? is it in the SD card reader in the console?
  24. C

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

I totally agree with you, if these flaws were noticed, and you still took delivery, that's on you as the buyer.
Back