Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

motor oil

I've got a 1994 Ford Explorer. In the manual, it states that a high mileage ford would do better with traditional oil rather than synthetic. Mine has 166,000 miles. Is that considered high mileage and does anyone have any knowledge as to which one would be better for it.
  2. R

Fuel filter retainer clips

I have a 1994 Explorer and am about to do a fuel filter replacement. Upon researching and learning how to do one (cuz I'm a girl and just learning lol) I've read that the retainer clips should be replaced each time you replace the filter. So my question is: are they universal in size and type...
  3. R

Fuel Filter Replacement 1994 4x4 XLT

THANKS FOR THE YOU TUBE VIDEO - EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW! SWEEEEET!
  4. R

Preparing to do my first fuel filter replacement

Preparing to do my first fuel filter replacement
  5. R

Hey from Colorado!

Thanks for exlpaining the maf and intake MayJan!
  6. R

Hey from Colorado!

Thanks Mike65! I may be a 52 year young woman but I'm smart, love to learn new things, not afraid of getting my hands dirty and am tenacious as a bulldog.. so I'm thinking I can handle it!!! I'm sure I'll have a ton of novice-like questions, but who cares haha. I'm just grateful to have y'all...
  7. R

Hey from Colorado!

No check engine light on. Thank you for the info, advice, guidance and encouragent - it helps me a lot!!! MayJan what do you mean by " clean the maf and intake"?
  8. R

Hey from Colorado!

MayJan... I'm quite certain it needs a tune up. Running rough, bad gas mileage, stalled once, etc. I bought it used last July but haven't had two nickels to rub together until now to get it dialed in. From what I'm gathering online, a thorough tuneup will run between $250-500+... YIKES!!! So I...
  9. R

Hey from Colorado!

Let me introduce myself: my name is Rebecca and I moved to Colorado a year ago after my husband died. I have no idea how to use this website haha The only thing I DO know is I have a '94 Explorer that needs help and I have little to no resources. SOOOOO I'm thinking I need to think outside...
Back