Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

still kickin 285,000 miles on mine.It had 219,000 when I bought it.Cant kill those ole pushrod motors!I always joke that I paid 500 bucks for it but in 3 years ive put $15000 worth of gas in it lol
  2. G

Anyone done the spindle flip?????

Damn Im getting old lol I cant believe its been almost 9 years since I started this thread.6 explorers latter and Ive yet to do the spindle flip.I have two explorers at the moment both 2wd.Im thinking about slamming one and lifting the other,Just got to get the funds right if ya know what I mean.
  3. G

Who has the biggest first gen????

my ole pile Thought Id FINALLY post some pics even though Ive since sold the ole X.
  4. G

Doetsch 3' lift spindles with shocks and aal

Do you still have this setup???
  5. G

How many explorers have you had?

Ive had 6 so far,still own two of them-A 1998 2wd with pushrod 4.0 with 256k miles daily driver and Ive also got a 2000 4.0l sohc 2wd that im about to build up.
  6. G

Comp 410 cam and new 4.0 connecting ods for sale.

Cam Do you still have it????Im interested
  7. G

Anyone SAS a 3rd gen yet??????

to the top Any takers yet????Sure would be a sick ride:D
  8. G

Anyone SAS a 3rd gen yet??????

Havent ever seen one done.Have any of you guys seen a 3rd gen with a SAS front and rear??
  9. G

sick ride!Those are what 38-39s?!?!
  10. G

Are you tearing up the dana 44 alot?
  11. G

Are those 38 12.50s??I like the way they look.Ive got 38.5 X14.5 SXs on mine wich are wider than most 15.50s and they seem a lil wide to me.Their worn pretty good but Im just using them for more a less mock up until I get everything like I want it.
  12. G

Now thats what Im talkin bout!
  13. G

I always hear of these explorers with 39.5s or 42s and have yet to see any pics......
  14. G

Come on,I know somebody has got to have a huge explorer on here or has pics of one!
  15. G

So who has it and lets see some pics:D
  16. G

Custom CV Driveshaft

Was out at my buddies junk yard today and found a 1354 that has CVs on the front and back.Not sure what its out of but Im getting it!Hopefully my problems are solved.Good luck with yours!
  17. G

Custom CV Driveshaft

LOL!yeah these turds are known to turn upside down:D and I was thinkin bout doing a 3 inch body lift and putting 39.5 TSLs under it:DI dont get crazy on the street with it and there aint no rocks to climb around here.If I play its in the mud.
  18. G

Custom CV Driveshaft

The rear cleared fine with the stock rear springs with SOA and 3 inch block.Its the front that had the issues.Looks like you have full widths under yours.Ive got a nissan H233B rear and a waggy front.Got it all tore apart redoing the front suspension-moving the axle foward 1 inch and adding...
  19. G

Custom CV Driveshaft

to give them 38.5 SXs plenty of clearance:D
  20. G

Custom CV Driveshaft

Hope someone chimes in because I know Im about to have the same problem.Havent checked the angle yet but with a SOA,4 inch springs,3 inch blocks its lookin bad.I was wondering if the yoke and CV off the front of the 1354 would work on the back??
  21. G

nissan rear???????

Project has kinda been on hold for a minute.Havent had alot of spare time lately.Id did get the 4.89 gears for the nissan rear and Im buying a set of 4.89s from a guy for the dana 44 front for 50 bucks as soon as he gets them out.As far as the driveshaft bolting up,Nissan does make a yoke for...
  22. G

putting 5.0 injectors in a ohv 4.0

I had a pinging problem with my 94 even on 93 octane.Come to find out the tube from the TB to the air meter had a hole in it on the bottom side.Replaced the tube and now it runs fine.even on 87.hope this helps.
  23. G

Brett's 4.0L SOHC Swap

what I was trying to say is the OHV has a 5K rev limiter and I know the SOHC will turn harder than that.If he is using the OHV computer with the SOHC motor how is he getting around it?
  24. G

Brett's 4.0L SOHC Swap

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering,How is the rev limit on the older eec 4 computer compared to the eec 5 sohc computer.I have both explorers and the ohv motors are petered out by 5k but my sohc motor is a screamer!Im thinking of doing this swap on my old truck.Thanks in advance,Tripp
Back