Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Rear Suspension bolts???

I am replacing the rear knuckles, rear upper and lower toe links, and rear sway bar links (rear alignment is out of whack) Mechanic said we should probably just replace the bolts because NY winters and salt have destroyed them. New parts didn't come with bolts, Haynes manual doesn't give...
  2. C

98 4.0 x-vin ohv exhaust help

And if I'm correct the 2000 is still in the 2nd gen bracket. So I'll have to look into that. Unfortunately I live in NY so emissions laws screw me on catt please prices
  3. C

I found a image of exhaust breakdown for the 98 ohv and it looks like the y pipe is separate from the cats
  4. C

Have a question working on a project with 2 1998 Ford explorer 4.0 V6. One is OHV (x-vin) 4x4 automatic xl, engine runs great but body is full of rust and is being put aside for future project. I picked up another 1998 4.0 v6 4x4 xlt from South Carolina. It didn't have an engine but it is set...
  5. C

"Powertrain malfunction indicator" (wrench light)

Farking wrench light of doom is back to harass me yet again. Tonight as I'm driving home on the NYS Thruway the little wrench popped up and went away after a min or 2. Then about 20 mins later it came back on but went off after a min or 2. About an hour later (no longer on the Thruway) wrench...
  6. C

4.0 sohc swap to 4.0 ohv

I may be wrong about the wire being for crankshaft. Farking diagram is hard to read. Can't actually find anything that says green and white wire. Gonna have to take another look.
  7. C

4.0 sohc swap to 4.0 ohv

I just purchased a 98 explorer xlt sans engine, Stock it had the 4.0 sohc. I have a 98 xl with 4.0 ohv. My ohv is still running strong but the NY salt ate her body all to hell. The sohc is from South Carolina and is rust free. I want to put my ohv in it. Here is my conundrum, when it comes...
  8. C

Question for those needing a lower steering shaft for an Explorer.

Following. I have a 08 mountaineer I bought used 3 years ago. Steering shaft has been causing me problems for about a year. Just can't afford the new parts with everything else going wrong on this truck . Husband was wondering if he could take it out. Clean it up. Replace the boot and drill a...
  9. C

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

08 mountaineer. Same ****ty shift issue. Unfortunately I bought it used 3 years ago from a shady little dealer and alright had 2 have the tranny rebuilt. ****ty shift seemed 2 get worse after rebuild. The tranny shop told me the truck learns with how I drive. I'm insulted... I do not drive like...
  10. C

anyone have radiator leaks?

Bought an 08 Mercury mountaineer 3 years ago. Just had 2nd radiator installed a week ago due 2 effing leaks 187000 miles on it now. Got it with 120000
  11. C

HELP 06 XLT will not fill up with gas.

Same issue with my 08 mounty.
  12. C

Cant fill up!!

Where does one find the redesigned Shepard's hook fresh air fuel vent hose? This is the exact problem I am have with my 08 mountaineer. We have replaced the EVAP canister 6 times in 3 years due 2 water getting in and frying it. When refilling the pump shuts off constantly and takes 20 mins to...
  13. C

08 Mercury mountaineer 0 offset steel rims

Ok so I have a 2008 Mercury mountaineer base model 4.0 v6 sohc. I would like to put some steel rims with a 0 offset on her to widen her wheelbase. I live in the country and with the roads the way that they are I know it will be beneficial. I added a set to my 98 explorer and it helped stabilize...
  14. C

Second 2nd row seat won't fold forward

2008 mercury mountaineer. 2nd row seat handles jacked I bought an 08 mounty in October. The handle 2nd row seat on the driverside was busted when I got it. Well as of yesterday my passenger side one went. And the 2nd row is up. But I have 4 kids so having access to all my seats would be ideal.
Back