Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Keep the stock springs. Reinstall before taking in for service should you ever have any issue even remotely related to the suspension. Same goes for any other fairly easily reversible mods
  2. L

Do you regret not getting the XSport?

Individual shipped price of each please? Tune, CAI, and catback. Also, do you sell just the rear camber kit separate from springs? I really need something, but I had purchased the h&r springs before knowing about your lowering kit. My camber is way off.
  3. L

Quick Glamour Shot, lowered with new grill

Thanks. I did consider leaving the chrome strips, but I think with the headlights blacked out this will flow better. It's the subtle contrast that I really like as well.
  4. L

Quick Glamour Shot, lowered with new grill

went out last night just to get myself back behind the camera since I haven't shot much lately. Only took one pic. Whats done with the truck so far: lowered on H&R springs (for flex) Aries black oval nerf bars OEM splash guards 1" Bora (motorsport-tech) wheel adapters in the rear "explorer"...
  5. L

Lowering the Explorer

Does anyone make a spacer to go above or below the rear springs to raise the vehicle some? Unfortunately the h&r sprongs did not level it... it is noticeably lower in the rear which I'm not particularly fond of. Trying to raise the rear up about .5-1" Also, does livernois only sale their rear...
  6. L

Has anyone rolled rear fenders?

I went with those sizes based on how I wanted the appearance to be of the wheels relative to the body. Already figured I would probably need to do some work with the rear just wasn't sure to what extent. I'll be working on it some today or tomorrow. .75 front would have been ideal, and I may...
  7. L

Has anyone rolled rear fenders?

Just installed some adapters on the truck (2012 limited with stock 20" wheels), and now I have some rubbing in the rear. Also a little rubbing up front when cornering hard, but I can avoid that for the moment, may need to go with a smaller size there. I did 1.5" in the rear, 1" in the front...
  8. L

Aftermarket headlights

No aftermarket options. For the Amber, you're pretty much limited to removing the Amber completely, or tinting it. Either option requires you to dissamble the light, removing the lens from the assembly so that you can access the amber cover. If you remove it you'll need amber bulbs (if they...
  9. L

Underbed Truck Box Install

same box in all pics? did it change from a "vault systems" logo to "american aluminum accessories"
  10. L

22" wheel offset

Yes the stock wheels are WAAAAAAAYYYY tucked in. I just lowered mine and now that is even more obvious. I will be ordering some adapters for mine tonight.. Gotta go measure once I get done watching this NBA post game show... Go Warriors! There's an "aftermarket wheels" thread around here...
  11. L

22" wheel offset

Read up on the relationship between offset and wheel width, and how to measure where your wheels sit relative to the fenders. Once you do that everything makes sense and you can really figure out how things will look and work on your car. assuming the stock wheels are the same width (I'm not...
  12. L

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Oh okay I see that now. Didn't notice that in the lower pic. Main thing that caught my eye was the "bumpiness" of yours, which could also be the case with the lower one, but like I said, from the angle of that pic it's hard to tell.
  13. L

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

The differing angles angles of the pics makes for a bad comparison. Your pic is from a lower angle that will always show more detail in the surface, as far as smoothness goes.
  14. L

Lowering my 2013 Explorer

I'll be curious as well to see how much it lowers when carrying a good load, or towing. I'm currently in the middle of lowering mine. Just need to finish compressing the front springs and then reinstall them. Already love the difference in the rear.
  15. L

Ford Explorer problems...

Title should probably be "ATM problems"
  16. L

Ford Explorer problems...

Lol. Is this a real complaint? Most vehicles on the road are cars. Logic would suggest that drive-thrus would be most suited to them. Hell I just discovered that I can't work on it in the garage. That's life.
  17. L

Interceptor License Lamp Shield

Can't delete your own posts on this forum, or am I missing that option?
  18. L

Wooden Interior Deleted Thread

I was kind of wondering as well. But the last post I saw was asking about pricing so I wasn't surprise at it disappearing. I know in general once you start discussing non-sponsor/vendor prices and/or posting links to sites the thread will get shut down. Autoworksrussia, please keep sharing...
  19. L

new led lights front bumper and headlights

Not a huge fan of the camo, but I do like the lights. Getting ready to open my lights to paint them black, but still in the fence in whether or not I'll leave out the Amber piece. Didn't see any mention of him trying to sell anything? Vendors/sponsors pay extra to sell things/advertise on forums
  20. L

2016 LED headlights in a 2015?

Gotcha. Didn't realize they had changed all of the rear panels as well.. seems like a waste with how subtle the changes are. Had to look at side by side pics to really see the difference. Thought it was just front fenders forward that changed.
  21. L

2016 LED headlights in a 2015?

what about the tail lights? Anybody installed 2016 lights on an 11-15?
  22. L

New Recall for 2014-15 Explorers

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/ford-recalls-ford-f-150-150500589.html
  23. L

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

thanks. spending a good amount of time reading up and planning what I'll be doing with the white 2013 XLT i recently picked up.
  24. L

^lol first post. guess i've slipped out of lurking
  25. L

no pic on chrome or on iphone for me
Back