Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

New Member with Towing Questions!

I towed a Uhaul 6 X 12 enclosed trailer (loaded as full as I could stuff it) in May from Tennessee to Nevada (2,365 miles). I have a 2016 Platinum it had less than 3,000 miles when I did the tow. I wasn't in a hurry and stayed around 60 mph. I had 12 fuel fill ups and my overall mileage...
  2. W

Warranty Start Date

I heard from Ford today and they have corrected the warranty start date. They stated that whenever a dealer checks the Oasis report it will show a warranty start date of January 9, 2016. It took me almost five months to get it corrected, but once I found the right contact person it was...
  3. W

Warranty Start Date

It looks like I may have the issue resolved. Finally worked my way up the food chain and found someone who understood the issue and is working on resolving the problem. He stated that he would have it resolved in a couple days and to call him back next week for status update. Thanks to...
  4. W

Warranty Start Date

Thanks for information. Unfortunately I now live 2,300 miles from the dealership. I plan to be back in the area in June, so will try another in person visit.
  5. W

Warranty Start Date

Yes, and your point is?
  6. W

Warranty Start Date

I had signed the paperwork for a vehicle that was to be delivered in two days from another dealership. When that vehicle arrived it had many issues (cut headliner, damaged front air dam, major scratch in paint, etc.). The dealership then attempted to locate and do a trade with another...
  7. W

Warranty Start Date

Need some suggestions on how to proceed. I signed paperwork to purchase a 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum on December 20, 2015, however they could not locate the specific vehicle I wanted until January 6, 2016 and I took possession on that date. I've noticed that my warranty start date shows...
  8. W

Question regarding Towing

Towing Question I have a 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum and need to haul some items about 2,200 miles. Looking at renting a 6 x 12 cargo trailer from Uhaul. The specs on the trailer are as follows: gross vehicle weight 4,400 lbs., empty weight 1,920 lbs. & max load 2,480 lbs. I'm not going...
Back