Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Another Explorer with transmissions issues - I think!

This is awesome stuff, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thank you.
  2. B

I had thought about the shift linkage potentially being an issue, given that the transmission feels otherwise great. I wasn't sure how to address it, though. What do you check for on the linkage? Thank you!
  3. B

Thank you for the reply and your input! I dropped a tranny on an old '72 mustang, but never this explorer, and never something with a t-case. The rolling forward in park is what sold it for me, really. Although it doesn't do it every time, which is odd to me. I'm thinking that going with a low...
  4. B

Hey all, I have a '94 4X4 with the A4 in it. It has started to give me some sort of transmission issue, and I'm prepping for a new one. I was at a stop light yesterday (following a friend to the mechanic, ironically) and as I started to let it creep forward in drive, it felt like I hit the...
  5. B

1994 XLT - Wants to die on first start of the day

Those were the first two things that I checked for, even replaced the battery. Turns out they had a special part on the ground cable so that the cars lights could be used but the battery wouldn't be dead when the previous owners were towing it behind their RV. Long story short, I feel like an...
  6. B

1994 XLT - Wants to die on first start of the day

Hi all, I have a 1994 Explorer with 55,x.. miles. I bought it from the original owners who used it as a tow behind. The old man passed away about 6 months ago, and it didn't see a lot of road action prior to that. When the car is cold, like the first start of the day, it will keep wanting to die...
Back