Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

High Speed Shaking

yea that would be me :-), well i;m gonn go to the shop and chekc the u joints and CV joints
  2. H

High Speed Shaking

ok, so after about 65 my explorer shakes and the faster you go, the worse it gets and at avbout 95-100 its sakin liek a ****, got the tires balanced and the rotors turned down, helped a little bit but it is still VERY noticeable to the poiunt where some passangers get worried. any body got any...
  3. H

2002 Explorer Sport front end whistle

unless is a good aftermarket ujoint it wont have grease fittings
  4. H

2002 Explorer Sport front end whistle

if it sound sliek sparrows under the front its most likely a u-joint with no grease left
  5. H

whine at 50 - 70mph

if its not the rear end its the bearings i had the SAME EXACT problem mine was the bearings
  6. H

MP3 compatibility?

any luck on this i was lookin on ebay and it seems the plugs a slightly different. any one else got any input on this? or if its not a direct swap could ti just be wired to work correctly? i dont wanna loos the factory high pass filters on the speakers and the low pass on the sub. and it be nice...
  7. H

Problem Filling up

ok for a couple days now everytime i fill up, the gas pump cust off every 5 seconds if i open it fully, and its been at 3 different gas stations, and no matter what position i put the nossle in it does this. so i have to lift up ever so lightly and it take me a easy 15 minues to fill up. any one...
  8. H

Warranty Problems

that makes me sad
  9. H

aftermarket trani cooler

any thoughts?
  10. H

aftermarket trani cooler

would there be any benifits to adding a aftermarket trani cooler when i do a filter change and flush? i have leik 85000 miles and i want my trani to last as long as possible.
  11. H

Stuck in 4x4

read up ony your explorer, its is in 4x4 all the time, any explorer i think after 98 unless only a 2wd explorer is ALWAYS in 4wheel drive. hint 4x4 auto, what happens is it gives 80% torque to the rear and 20 to the front, when the rear wheels slip it put more torque to the front, 4x4 high Locks...
  12. H

odd Skipping in Cd player

its so annoying i dont think i even own a real Cd to test, so burning at a lower speed should help?
  13. H

IAC Valve

i would take it otu and put it back in. if its idling at 3000rpm then its not working all it is is a arm that moves to let more or less air in.
  14. H

odd Skipping in Cd player

i have a 02 EB with the audiphile 6disc cd changer with a freshly burned CD it will skip in the upper tracks like 10 and up but never the lower tracks, i ran a lens cleaner mulitple times with no luck. any ideas?
  15. H

So No One Knows The Answer!

you can also program up to 4 remotes
  16. H

Interesting little feature I found today

so you where one of those guys last night leavin your blinker on for 5 miles and prolly doin 10 under the speed limit lol.
  17. H

Vibration in Park and Netrual

but also it doesnt do it all the time. i'd say about 50% of the time :-/
  18. H

02 EB went int 4x low while on the freeway

i unno y it would do that. i know on my jeep i can get that thing INTO 4low unless i;m doin 2mph or under if not it grinds leik a *****
  19. H

02 EB went int 4x low while on the freeway

i cant image what that was like, i would assume it would lock up the tires, but i dont think it would actually go into to 4 low, the t-case gears would just grind liek a **** until you slowed down.
  20. H

So No One Knows The Answer!

i have the walk through at home, i will post it later, its goes something like, turn the key on off on off 8 time leave it on the doors will unlock and lock to show its in programing mode, ther press a key on every remote you want to work. this also means if u have one fob already programmed and...
  21. H

Strange sound - 2005 Exp

i hear it to, but as soon as i turn it on and only usally in the mornings after its been sititn all night, i just passed it off as it being the vacuum lines to run the directional doors for the HVAC system
  22. H

yes it goes away if i hit the gas slightly
  23. H

anythign i can do about it?
  24. H

ok guys, i have a werid problem. my 2002 explorer seems like it has a rough idle. but only in park or in netrual. when in gear its fine. but out of gear the whole truck shakes. i tryed running some fuel injector cleaner with no help. any ideas?
  25. H

2002 Explorer DVD player...wanted!

the 6 disc isnt DVD is regualr CD
Back