Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2016 Explorer Throttle Body Problems

:) I hope that is not the only fix that is done to address what sounds like a serious issue.
  2. S

The fix done <details> B 16B32 RECALL--ELECTRONIC THROTTLE BODY REPAIR CAUSE: WF4 16B32D REPROGRAM PCM USING IDS 7558 WF4 FC: PART #: COUNT: CLAIM TYPE: 16B32 AUTH CODE...
  3. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I am being told that the exhaust gets pulled in through the doors. I told him that there are many people who are affected by it and Ford is attempting to fix the same at many cases. The Service Advisor claims that the rear door does not close properly because of a bumper protection I have. I...
  4. S

Thanks @peterk9. I took the vehicle again to the dealer and run a check with the VIN and the confirmed the issue. For my case, they are "reprogramming" to prevent this issue. No other details were provided. I see that there are others who have done the same and say they have difference in how...
  5. S

Checked owner.ford.com with my VIN and it has the same 16B32 notice. Took a print out of the same to the Ford Quick Service near my home and the person there said that it is replaced only if there are issues (:0) Interestingly, he did not check my VIN against any database of sorts on their PC...
  6. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Been out of touch for a while but I get the same annoying fart smell on a 2016 Ford Explorer. I have to accelerate like my Grandma to avoid it. Thank you @dudefish for the documentation but looks like 2016 Ford Explorers are not on the list. Any recourse for 2016 Ford Explorer owners?
  7. S

Front park assist recurring error

@jmr061 is the intent of the TSB to help Ford Technicians troubleshoot properly or to issue a recall?
  8. S

Driver Seat and Foot Well Complaints

The seats are comfortable enough(2016 Ford Explore XLT - 6ft 250lb). The front/back/incline positioning are good as well. However, I do see the left side issue as mentioned by many. I have not owned many SUV's to compare amongst the class but my EX-L accord seating is very comfortable both in...
  9. S

Park Assist Sensors

@PGK email Ford Customer Service Immediately. This is a known issue. Dealers just do the band aid wherein they just replace the individual sensors. I had this issue occur 4 times and drove me crazy (refer to my thread here and @xerais thread here) Gist of the fix to replace the wiring harness...
  10. S

Problem with vehicle health report

It does. In my case, it was the only way I could hang on to a record of a recurring Park Aid Error. For some reason, ford has designed their information system in such a manner that the info/error that displays on the display screen disappears on reboot. So running a Vehicle health report when I...
  11. S

2016 sport

As a convert from Japanese to Ford, I am not used to issues creeping up immediately after purchase of a new SUV. Perhaps many of us have been pampered by the reliability that they offer. Everyone understands manufacturing defects but quality control is suspect. I mean check engine light in less...
  12. S

Power Steering Loss 2015 - 2016 Explorers Only

I totally empathize with you with regards to the codes as I have hit the same wall. Dealers tend to just wash it away and I started running the Ford Diagnostics when the error message happens to show them a copy of what happened. I understand that my preceding statement will be of no help to...
  13. S

16-17 Explorer questions

With regards to the leather I believe that it is leather/leather match meaning only the parts you touch are leather(never understood that completely). In any case, I have the ebony leather on an XLT and it does look acceptable. Does it feel like top grain leather, it definitely does not. My...
  14. S

2016 sport

Have you contacted Ford support/Ford Corporate? Am not a lemon expert but wondering if your situation would qualify as one.
  15. S

Power Steering Loss 2015 - 2016 Explorers Only

This one is scary! Are there any reported issues with people having this issue at highway speeds (2016 or otherwise)?
  16. S

I was offered none. Dealer played the "manager unavailable" card when I picked the SUV and Ford CS/Corporate gave the runaround. So to fellow members who are in similar situations, seek legal action once the same error happens twice. They respond better to lawyers than owners. In any case, the...
  17. S

Yes something like that. I am sure if I had taken the legal route as opposed to me directly taking it to the dealer every time and waiting patiently for them to fix it (inaccurately), they would have started negotiations at the extended warranty.
  18. S

Got my SUV back today. They replaced the same sensor that was replaced on 4/12 along with the wire harness. Details from the receipt below. Looks like they finally did the fix that was done for xerais and PGK SUV to mine as well. Phew finally! Also, as anticipated they did blow me off with...
  19. S

Got notified by both Ford CSM and the dealer that my SUV is fixed. The service advisor at the dealership wants to test it again overnight. So I will give full details with was done after I pick the SUV tomorrow. What I know today is that, the replaced one of the already replaced sensors in the...
  20. S

I have pointed to the excellent troubleshooting by members here like sheltonfilms, jmr061, Napalm along with the very similar issue that xerais had but it did not sound like the service center at the dealership took the details seriously. Seems to me that no one at the dealership or Ford is...
  21. S

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

Some insurance have windshield replacement coverage. In TX where all insurance rates are pathetic not many have it. Having said that, the cost of the windshield itself is not that expensive in Houston TX. Is $700-800 before or after insurance?
  22. S

Hi, SUV is back at the dealer again today as they attempt to fix it the 4th time. Today the service director was there and his preliminary analysis in 5 minutes was that one of the rear sensor had died. I told him the whole story of this being the 4th sensor replacement. The response was that...
  23. S

Napalm The issue occurred the day after I drove it back after the third sensor was replaced by the dealer. Like before it gets progressively worse. Now the Park Aid error happens every time I turn my SUV on. Since this was the third time, I contacted ford support as suggested. The FordService...
  24. S

jmr061 Thank you! The troubleshooting that the members of this forum do for other members is simply awesome!!! :thumbsup: The error is occurring again just like before. Starts of intermittently and then proceeds to do it all the time. Both Jason and sheltonfilms are suggesting that there may...
  25. S

sheltonfilms Thank you for the details especially the mail address. I am guessing it is a direct mailing address as that address is not mentioned in the Ford Owner website. jmr061 Added images of the notes by the Service Technician. 2/24/2016: 4/12/2016: 4/29/2016: The update I have...
Back