Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. '16PIU

Radio wiring diagram

Not saying you won't get results, but to get the best results from a line out converter you want a signal that has a full range signal. Typically, you want to grab this from the front speaker channels.
  2. '16PIU

What do I need installed in my 2019 PIU so keyless entry works?

I don't believe you will need a factory Fob or the 48-character security code as you will be using the Fobs in your Compustar kit. I can't be 100% as I've never used this particular kit but I believe once RKE is enabled the signal from the Compustar Fob will (talk to) the Compustar remote start...
  3. '16PIU

flvpmods website inaccessible

Pretty sure that website hasn't been hosted for years now. Don't think the guy (Jason) if I remember right is in the game of modifying PIUs anymore. Hasn't posted a video on the FLVPMods YouTube in over 4 years.
  4. '16PIU

ForScan is software you can get a free limited license for. You need a windows laptop/iOS device/android device to use it with the Lite versions for the mobile devices. Depending on which route you go you will need an OBDII cable that meets the software's requirements (these come in standard USB...
  5. '16PIU

No, the programming info is not useful for 2016-2019 owners. The old way of using the key cycles and brake pedal etc do not work 2016+, all RKE programming is done via IDS or ForScan using a 48-character security string of numbers and letters contained on a sticker inside the only 2 OEM key Fobs...
  6. '16PIU

Be wary of the 2 above linked threads Peter posted in your endeavor. Your 2019 is neither a 2013 or 2015. The Explorer, PIU included underwent a large overhaul at the 2016 year model refresh. Most if not all of the information regarding remote start, RKE and TPMS are NOT the same between...
  7. '16PIU

Well, if I were you, I would start by downloading ForScan and taking a look at the RKE status in the Body Control Module. If it's disabled, enable it. Then have your remote starter programmed and installed. I would think at that point it would function as designed. I can't speak specifically on...
  8. '16PIU

The PIU's keyless entry is controlled by the BCM Body Control Module. Sometimes it's disabled in the software and can be turned on using ForScan. When you say your PIU "doesn't have that option" do you mean that when you bought it that it didn't come with any RKE fobs? Or have you looked in the...
  9. '16PIU

Panel and floor temp buttons?

It is a huge flaw if you ask me. If it's enough of a problem to throw some money at I'd say pick up a FCIM from non-premium Sony equipped 2016-2019 explorer and swap it out. They have physical buttons you are looking for. Only functions I see missing from the Sony FCIM are the camera button and...
  10. '16PIU

Panel and floor temp buttons?

I'm guessing your limited has the Sony info-tainment system? If so, it's most likely MFT (my ford touch) and not SYNC 3. I'd assume most people are using voice command b/c the lack of a physical button. Hope that's at least a little helpful...
  11. '16PIU

Help with my new 2016 PIU

I think the part you're looking for is. GB5Z-19980-L If you just want to keep your 4" screen going for a while, I have a sync 1 unit you can replace yours with since it's "going out".
  12. '16PIU

2017 PIU Climate Control Buttons Not Working

Dunno how to help, maybe someone will chime in. I’ve got an FCIM in the garage if you want it. Merry Christmas.
  13. '16PIU

How-To: Upgrading to SYNC 3, installing a stock GPS antenna and splitter

Is the sync 3 APIM you upgraded with from a vehicle that did have factory navigation?
  14. '16PIU

Part Numbers for OEM Lighting Solutions for 2017 PIU

Peter, all I was just saying was that it made sense the part number is discontinued as they aren't making 5th gen PIU's anymore. Your search for multiple generations means nothing when the part in question is different and therefore wouldn't share the same part number... Case and point the OEM...
  15. '16PIU

Makes sense as the 6th Gen PIU liftgate trim is a different shape than the 5th making the new mounts a totally different part number.
  16. '16PIU

All (4) factory lights are Whelen IONS and can be had in (Red, Blue, Amber, and white) The newer ION TRIO is a 3 color light head. The Brackets to hold the IONs at the top of the rear windshield are Lamp Bracket - Ford (DB5Z-13A417-A) The Flash covers are Shield – Passenger Side (RH) – Ford...
  17. '16PIU

2013 explorer sony mft add

PIU Center Console top
  18. '16PIU

Nice find! If you find yourself wanting the PIU (appearance upgrade) top plate for the center console, check out my for-sale ad. Would match your 2015 perfectly and get rid of the shifter and terrain control knob holes if that kinda thing bothers you.
  19. '16PIU

Pretty cool seeing a PIU with rear climate, not many were ordered with that option. That part in your pics behind that small vent by the steering column is the cabin air temp sensor.
  20. '16PIU

If you can make the manual hvac module operate as an auto I’d love to know how. Wouldn’t make much sense to stock multiple part numbers if they were all the same. But I suppose I’ve seen dumber things.
  21. '16PIU

Sorry on mobile, don’t make it a point to click 3 times to get into someone’s profile. Which is sometimes wrong and not updated. Figured asking wouldn’t hurt.
  22. '16PIU

That last bit is not entirely true. The PIU comes with manual single zone climate control in almost all cases. Very rare to see one with rear climate. However almost all the 8” equipped models come with at minimum dual zone, and typically rear. My swap required a new HVAC control module with the...
  23. '16PIU

What trim and year is your explorer? Seems I replied to the OP who has a 2015 police interceptor. Does your explorer have dual zone and rear climate controls already? A picture of your current FCIM would help. To answer simply tho on the FCIMs 2011-2015 share the same style 6pin connector. I am...
  24. '16PIU

SHO rim swap.

Assuming the Taurus wheels have Taurus spec tires installed (245/45/20) The overall size difference is noteworthy. Would they “fit” and work, I’m sure they would. Ideal is another story.
  25. '16PIU

I would recommend since you are making the swap to avoid Sync2 and find Sync3 parts instead. You'll need the Touchscreen, a GPS APIM, a fakra GPS antenna, wiring harness to wire in the APIM, a USB hub from a Sync 3 vehicle and its cable as well as the FCIM (trim panel that has HVAC controls on...
Back