Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Front lower control arm torque specs

Hi , does anyone know the torque for front lower control arm bolts, ball joint nut, etc.?
  2. C

2014 Explorer owner and wheel noise

It definitely sounds like a rear wheel bearing.
  3. C

New recall - Transport Canada (Prairie Provinces)

Go to canada auto news and you will find it. Found mine when checking on Ford Canada recalls Vin
  4. C

New recall - Transport Canada (Prairie Provinces)

Just found this out yesterday. New recall for rear toe link mud packing.
  5. C

Idle stumbles when load placed on engine

I haven't figured it out yet. Going to see if there is ecm software update at dealer on Friday. Please let me know what happens tomorrow on yours.
  6. C

yes that is the problem. When warm though idle will be about 6-700rpm and mine drops around 150rpm. Cleaned throttle body,wasn't dirty and had no effect. Didn't think it would help. Also try with the windows closed moving both buttons to closed position. My rpm drops but not as bad as when a/c...
  7. C

yeah thats how it should be. very slight rpm change from load that you do not notice it.
  8. C

I might try cleaning the throttle body in case its sticking slightly . I would think i would notice that on the pedal though
  9. C

Thanks for that info. I don't think there is a ICV on these engines. I think just a throttle body consoled by the ECM. Might be a problem with the throttle body though,not sure.
  10. C

Its a tough one to figure out for sure.
  11. C

Charging system is fine. 14.2V, bearings are smooth and not noisy.
  12. C

Its like the engine does not compensate for the load that is placed on the engine quick enough.
  13. C

Do you know if Ford uses a clutch switch and high pressure switch in their a/c systems? I can't locate a switch on the low side.
  14. C

yes small load that should barely be noticeable. This is very noticeable ,not normal to drop that much.
  15. C

I don't think its a sticky throttle body but possible. Also possibly a software update for engine ecm? Any ideas?
  16. C

Has anyone had engine stumble at idle about 100rpm drop. Happens when operating windows, turning steer wheel ,slightly ,but is the worst when a/c clutch engages. Also sometimes my a/c clutch engages/disengages every few seconds for 10x until stepping on throttle and going off idle. I checked my...
  17. C

Moonroof Will Not Close

check if you have supply voltage to the switch
  18. C

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

For a 2014 there is a sticker on the interior fuse panel cover by the brake pedal. 5 digits followed by the letter L
  19. C

towing package myths ??

I have a 3J under axle on my data tag. What ratio is that?
  20. C

Rear license plate hardware

Its only meant to mount plate using two screws.No need for 4 screws.
  21. C

Front end noise...Tires? Bearings? ??

I also had a r/s rear wheel bearing replaced at 64000km. Bearing was seized to spindle so they had to replace everything. All covered under powertrain wty. U-joints are also covered fyi
  22. C

Splash Guards

Weather tech makes a good set. Took 10mins to install all 4, uses exsisting screws.
Back