Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Buying 2005 XLT Sport

My 94 Ltd winter beater rusted out, I'm looking at a 2005 xlt sport for my next winter suv. I'll post ad. Is there any thing I should worry about. I know nothing of 3rd Gen Explorers? Would the V8 be better? Price etc... Thanks 2005 FORD EXPLORER XLT 4X4
  2. M

Brake Line Leak

She's Gone! :(:(:( I donated for tax deduction. Good god lame people on Craigslist pretending to buy? I don't have the time to waste for $500. I owned her for 26 years. 1 owner 195,000 miles. I have some stats to share.... Never replaced: Radiator Waterpump Transmission PS ETC.... Never...
  3. M

Brake Line Leak

Had a thought? Pinch the line off? 90% of braking is in the front... Ahhh to dangerous!!
  4. M

Brake Line Leak

She's Up for sale 1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4
  5. M

Brake Line Leak

Thanks for all the great info, Your right roadrunner on wheel cylinder. Ive had her since day 1. Its time to say good bye :( Any idea what she would sell for?
  6. M

Brake Line Leak

Winter beater sprong a leak above rear driver-side axle. Thinking of doing compressing fitting fix? Any idea? Thank
  7. M

new-to-me mint '93 limited stalls when cold

Question I have is you have no cel? Turn key to on postion and see if it lights up? I had same issue was EGR Valve, solenoid. What I did was unplug the vacuum line behind it and see if it doesn't stall...
  8. M

Driver rear turn signal problem on 2010 Explorer

Read this thread had same problem.... Bad Bulb?
  9. M

Code Question

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought so.....
  10. M

Code Question

My older brother has 98 Explorer 4.0L 2 door 5spd and is using a phone app code scanner. Could someone chime in please, never seen this code? Thanks
  11. M

2010 SRS Light

So looks like the battery is bad no biggie, I called Ford and ask for price on battery, he told me the 650CA is built better than the 850 CA? Hmmmm can anybody chime in with that? I still have the Factory 650CA which lasted 9 years.....
  12. M

2010 SRS Light

I put on the battery charger for 12 hrs and charged her up. Battery seems to hold a charge, and the SRS light doesnt come on. So ill give her 2 weeks to see if battery holds up....
  13. M

Temp sensor for ecm

Just want to know what connection is for the temp sensor for ecm? Looking to buy a cheap one from Rockauto, in the pic is that the right connection? Or should I go with the new ford rectangular connector? Im getting the common rough idle on warm starts. It seems to be the temp sensor, Ive had...
  14. M

2010 SRS Light

Will do and report back...
  15. M

2010 SRS Light

Just started to get SRS Light but not on every start. I still have factory battery and I need to buy new one. Will buy one monday..... B2290 B1318 I'm thinking the SRS Light is caused by a bad battery. If not could someone chime in with B2290 code? Thanks
  16. M

2010 pcm issues

I'm curious V6 or V8
  17. M

Aftermarket running boards

Could you post pics.....
  18. M

Best 2006-2010 explorer configuration to buy for long term use

Big fan of Consumer Reports here some info.... Look at post #6 Considering used 4th gen - V6 vs. V8
  19. M

Recommend stock AT tires (Michelin discontinued)

Im going to costco today, Im going to ask if they will price match!! Im in the market for some good price SUV Tires. GREAT FIND! BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A Tire P235/75R15/XL 108T
  20. M

Surging Idle

2 things I want you to do while Explorer is idling........ 1. Unplug Electric Connection on IAC to see if helps idle. 2. Unplug Vacuum hose on back of EGR Valve to see if idle is normal I had same bucking and rough idle on in my 1994, but I had a CEL on. CEL pointed me to EGR...
  21. M

Surging Idle

Yes on video! , does the surging happen on cold starts bad then better on warm starts. Also what Bosch model number is that obd-1-2 code scanner, can you do live data on it. Looking For a better obd-1 scanner then my innova 3145
  22. M

Surging Idle

Did you replace EGR solenoid? I had same issues with surging. I see you replaced just DPFE and EGR value but not the EGR solenoid? The solenoid always over looked....
  23. M

Stock radio

CDW6212R, Good point on these old cd/cass radios, Buy 1 from Junk Yard 3 days later its dead!
  24. M

Stock radio

Back