Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2018 with 1,200 miles dealer demo - is this a good deal?

New, XLT same motor and 4x4..... Autotrader - page unavailable You can easily ship new cars straight to your door https://soundford.com/inventory/details/7661/new-2019-ford-explorer-xlt-1FM5K8DH8KGA16063
  2. J

Bought 2018 with 1200 miles - new question

That was a loaner car...there is no such thing as a "manager car". That said, it doesn't make it a bad deal. But I would absolutely advise one of the ESP with rental coverage. Why? If you car goes in for an extended period of time, they are under no obligation to provide a loaner or rental car...
  3. J

2016 2.3L AWD Limited Transmission slamming into gear and holding gears

Latest update, after a few weeks at the dealer. They were able to finally replicate the issue by following the instructions I gave them before. (This time they actually did it?) A cold start and a hill seem to be the keys to re-creating it. So, they replaced the "speed sensor"...that did...
  4. J

2016 Explorer Remote Start Climate Behavior

My 2016 Limited does cool down with the remote start, you just have to give it a few. Certainly if I leave it for 2 minutes, it is cooler than it was.
  5. J

Thanks Peter, I wasn't able to find anything similar, but i'll search around again...
  6. J

I dug through the TSB's but could not find one related to the transmission. This just started happening after I did the exhaust system recall (probably not related, but just putting it out there. The issue tends to happen only after the first 5 minutes of use. When coasting, it starts shifting...
  7. J

Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Galaxy S8 Update issues

I'm on Sprint and it showed up about 5 days ago. My 2016 has the old Sync, I know the newer 2017's came with the updated Sync so they probably work fine. (But this occurs with local files as well as online)
  8. J

Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Galaxy S8 Update issues

Anyone else having an issue with Bluetooth Audio streaming on the Samsung Galaxy S7 after the latest OS update? Everything worked perfect for me before with my 2016 Explorer Limited. The Galaxy S7 applied the latest OS update and now it constantly skips and pauses. Across multiple apps. Tried...
  9. J

Cold air intake box

"should" is the key word. Every dealer is different. Some work hard to find reasons, some could care less. Most of the time the questionable performance "gains" are not worth the debate during the short warranty. How much warranty do you have left bumper to bumper? Once you get into power train...
  10. J

Valvoline Oil Change Trustworthy?

I would highly recommend in warranty oil changes at your dealer. If you have any issues, they could take one look at that non motorcraft filter and make it the cause. A syn blend is only $39 or do and plenty of coupons out there.
  11. J

EcoBoost 2.3L noise around 30 MPH when accel

The noise I hear reminds of a loose heat shield I used to have on my 88 M3 over the catalytic converter. Some welds came apart so it would rattle on top of the catalytic converter.
  12. J

2017 Ford Explorer Platinum (test drive)

It may also react differently or hold gears more to your liking with the transmission in "Sport" instead of "Drive". But to be fair, the outgoing Audi Supercharged v6 is just a fantastic motor, top to bottom. And I would be Magiaone is spot-on, you can probably get in well under $55k And the...
  13. J

First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer

I believe there are several posts about potential ways to buy at US prices and transition to Canada.
  14. J

First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer

The cost to buy in the first 12 months is significantly cheaper than after that. (You can still buy in year 2 or year 3, but it costs more). Just for reference, I got my 7year/100k for $1500. (With light coverage, and first day rental)
  15. J

EcoBoost 2.3L noise around 30 MPH when accel

Does it sound like a metallic rattle? (I've been able to recreate what I hear as a metallic rattle going up a steep hill in a tall gear, before it downshifts)
  16. J

Finding all kinds of reasons to drive it..

Makes total sense, I forgot about the past 12-month premium!
  17. J

Finding all kinds of reasons to drive it..

Love my new 2016 limited so far. I would recommend looking at a quote from another dealer in case you had sticker shock on the extended warranty. My dealer quoted me an obnoxious price of $2500 for 8 yr 100k platinum. I got it with light, upgrade rental and first day rental for $1400.
  18. J

2016 Cooled Seats

Look forward to what you come back with. I have a 2016 Limited built in April 2016, so the TSB technically would not apply to mine. The bottom seat certainly gets very, very cold. (Testing in 100 degree Austin, TX right now). The back never gets anywhere near as cold. But I'll pay closer...
  19. J

Power Fold Third Row

My ford OEM never needs to be removed, seats up or down.
  20. J

Power Fold Third Row

I know the OEM does, works great in mine. 3rd row folds right down, no issues. I assume the Husky or WT would be molded in the exact same shape.
  21. J

Power Fold Third Row

You can't put anything more than a floor liner mat if you want the seats to fold down flat properly. Even the manual, left there by the dealer, caused the seat to sit up a bit from where it should be. I ordered the Ford OEM Cargo Area protector. Fits perfect. Available cheaper from a bunch of...
  22. J

Any thoughts on why the 2017 2.3L 4x4 lost a MPG on HWY rating?

With no product changes, that would indicate a potential "mistake" in the previous estimates, which could be a problem for them if they have to revise figures....
  23. J

Any thoughts on why the 2017 2.3L 4x4 lost a MPG on HWY rating?

Any theories on why the 2017 2.3L 4x4 went to 25MPG from 26MPG on the 2016? Just got my 2016 Limited 4x4 2.3L (Guard with Tan)...love it so far.
  24. J

16-17 Explorer questions

Hi Mack, Been looking at 2016's myself for 3 months or so, driven all the trims, engines and looked all over the US for my options. Ended up finding a fantastic deal in Virginia on a limited and shipping to Texas. In regards to the V6 versus the 4cyl ecoboost, I ended up liking the...
Back