Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

sync 3 3.0 ... no waze support?

Mustang and my 2017 Explorer.... both Sync 3.0 build 18025 with ford nav...... updates Waze app........ NO WAZE ON EITHER VEHICLES
  2. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Well you have to update the Waze app which came out yesterday...... haven’t tried it on my Explorer yet but will in a bit and see if it’s working.... I do have fords over priced Nav unit.
  3. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Upgrade to latest version is done, but Waze still does not show on my apps screen. Are we now waiting on an update from Waze?
  4. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Updated my 2018 Mustang yesterday..... no problems....... going for the 2017 Explorer today.....
  5. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Oh just great..... I just downloaded the update and was going to install it on my hour drive to Cincinnati...... the web site stated it would take an hour to install.
  6. D

2017 Explorer Limited iPad Bluetooth issue

I have never used an IPad in my x...... but phones and iPods work fine with Bluetooth
  7. D

Navigation outside US or Canada

Google owns Waze........ it will never be on Car Play
  8. D

Navigation outside US or Canada

Android Auto allows Google Maps and Waze.
  9. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Big improvement for me....... IPod is working fine now with IOS 11.1.before I would have to unplug and plug it back into get it to work. Works every time since the update.... other than that, I don’t see any cosmetic changes.
  10. D

SYNC 3 latest version

I could not get a stick to work either..... but WiFi worked during the night..... next morning it was there........
  11. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Peter your right.... US updates are here Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE But nothing for the 2017 Explorer...... Ford needs to do something, my garmin is updated 4 times a year.... my phone constantly......
  12. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Mine updated to 2.3 last night over WiFi....... woke up and there it was.........
  13. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Gonna try the usb update from ford again...... didn’t work yesterday........
  14. D

SYNC 3 latest version

Well I downloaded the latest version from the my ford web site....... followed the instructions extracted the files to a usb...... started the vehicle inserted the drive....... got stuck on updating for two hours....... drove home turned off the vehicle, took out the usb started the vehicle and...
  15. D

Sync3 Failure and FoMoCo Snub

Does the same thing to my I phone 6 and my iPod with iOS 11.1.1 However my older iPod with the older operating system works just fine. I do not have to unplug and plug it back in after a vehicle start. So that tell me a conflict with the new iOS and sync 2.2 which came out before iOS 11. Just my...
  16. D

Sync3 Failure and FoMoCo Snub

I have the same problem...... I have two Ipods one old one and a new one..... both IPods work fine in my 2013 Mustang only the old one works in my Explorer....... the new one drops out from time to time. Sync can’t keep up with the updates to iOS..... Hell sync can’t keep up with updating the...
  17. D

I had it installed....... it’s not cheap and a year after the hardware is installed...

I had it installed....... it’s not cheap and a year after the hardware is installed..... http://www.fordremoteaccess.com/en/
  18. D

'17 Explorer - Front Camera Wide Angle Mode

The rear camera has a wide angle mode?
  19. D

IOS 11and CarPlay

Another problem I’m having is when using an IPod, and you turn the car off and restart... sync loses the iPod and you have to unplug it and plug the usb back in almost every time....
  20. D

Anyone tinted their sun roof / moonroof?

When I first got my Explorer I took it to get all windows tinted to the same tint as the drivers side window. Then I had the sunroof tinted with a mirror tint facing out. I can still see out the sunroof but can’t feel any heat coming In With the shade open, even with the sun trying to shine in...
  21. D

IOS 11and CarPlay

Anybody having weird problems with Apple Car Play in Sync3 after the iOS update to 11.0. Mine keeps losing car play then coming back....
  22. D

Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working.

The ford remote access app is no longer available in the App Store........WTF......
  23. D

Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working.

I renewed the spin dance app in August... AFTER I MADE THE DEALER CALL THEM. I was assured it would be ready to go with the update by the time the iOS was updated. Well guess what.... pissed I am. I will be at my dealers first think in the morning, although it’s not their fault it’s my only...
  24. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Damn for sure...... I had the recall done a few weeks ago.... so far it's holding knock on wood.......
  25. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Don't know if it will fix everybody's....... but so far it's fixed mine..... if something changes in the days ahead.... I will let this group know after I park it at my dealers.
Back