Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

V8 swap?

Ok, my mpg was about 14 around town with body lift and 33s, then I put 4 in suspect lift which is all brackets that added weight for 3.0 to move, my mpg dropped to about 8, I could feel it was not moving as easy as b4. Now with 5.0 in it, it is alot easier. Of course it's got about 60 more...
  2. R

V8 swap thread discussion

Ok, I did move a pin, from no 7 to 13, the thing I'm finding is pin 7 is a wire coming out of vss and goes to cruise control servo, pin 13 is wire going into vss. Trying to read diagrams and figure out if it was good move? The wire I took out of pin 13 was heater a/c wire so it shouldn't be...
  3. R

Ok, now I get why I read that a good diagram book is essential if u go efi with 302 swap. The vss isn't in same location on vehicles and it's wired a bit different. Got to move a couple wires..wondering if that could b screwing with trans range switch and that's why I'm getting both codes?
  4. R

Ok, I must have been really tired when I was researching the wiring..pin 20 is on both connectors and it's for clutch posted sensor on both, I don't got a clutch. However pin 13 on engine side of c115 is vss and sat the moment it's got a wire that is for heater/air hooked up to it on truck side...
  5. R

V8 swap?

Ya, I wanted gas mileage too, my 3.0 was only getting about 8 around town trying to turn the 33s..the 302 might be getting 15?
  6. R

V8 swap?

I just did a 302 in my 98 ranger that had a 3.0, I got a 97 mountaineer for 500, got lucky on that. I put entire drive train in ranger but needed mods for it. The best way is donor vehicle and alot of work. Oh...Lots of money too
  7. R

Hey thanks man, alot of it does match. I got 2 manuals, 1 for 98 ranger electrical and vac diag, and same for 97 mountaineer evdiag. I'll keep tracing and reading and enjoying the added horsepower and sound of the exhaust lol thanks again
  8. R

Ok, the engine has pipe coming off pass side exhibition to egr. I used engine harness and plugged it to engine bay harness like 3.0 was, they are same plug but some wires are different. All dash gauges work, tach works but not sure if it's set right for v8 yet. Saw a site where they said a pin...
  9. R

I thought since engine, trans, pcm and wiring all came out of same vehicle, 97 mountaineer along w/transfer case the wiring should be good and only changes would be at c115 conn? Trans switch plug was on trans from factory. Am I wrong about this
  10. R

Ya, I'm trying to read diagrams to know what pin 20 was connected to on mountaineer. That may be issue with trans code? Knowing what high input means would help also
  11. R

Hey thanks for input, no I didn't move any pins at transfer plug..but I did move some pins at c115/ ranger plug. According to shop computer all sensors work, which is good. I'd like to get the trouble codes fixed
  12. R

Hey guys, I just put a 97 mountaineer 302 in my 98 ranger 4wd. She runs good but have a few trouble codes, ya I went efi. 0708 is for tranny switch high input. Any thoughts..I found that pin 20 at c115 conn is for the switch but ranger side of plug has no wire no pin? Any ideas?
  13. R

How to: Explorer 5.0 Swap info detailed photos/wiring descriptions. Into non OBD2 veh

Hi guys, nice forum, I just finished putting 97 302 fuel injected in my 98 4wd ranger. runs good but some electrical issues. anyone good at electrical?
Back