Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

4.6l stamped engine date or code

Any one know what this date or code is behind my timing cover on right hand side by water pump. On my 4.6l 2v pi. Engine. I'm pulling heads for head gasket and oil pump and timing kit. And seen this date or code there.
  2. Z

Engine replacement question

I would say you'll need 4.6l wiring harness. 5r55s transmission And its wiring. Motor mounts. Exhaust y-pipe. Cross members . computers. Radiator. And anything from a 4.6l but yes it can be don. Used 4.6l 2002 to 2005 are $700 to $1800. New about $2800 at autozone.
  3. Z

Ok

Ok
  4. Z

Have you checked all the wiring for melted or broken wires? Check all the way to pcm and to...

Have you checked all the wiring for melted or broken wires? Check all the way to pcm and to switch. Also check switches and wiring in dash too. Just an idea.
  5. Z

Hit 230k today having a few issues message another time.

Hit 230k today having a few issues message another time.
  6. Z

No coolant flow

Wow ty these to look cool and interesting I may purchase one thank you for the tips
  7. Z

No coolant flow

For the reply but seems like I was just air bubbles when I got them out air heater super hot now
  8. Z

No coolant flow

Update 2 Papa's not building up much pressure pressure return line on heater is cold all other lines are hot heater in Cabin when revved his hot at idle cools down to Nuke warm temperature rev it again and it gets hot again. I'm confused
  9. Z

No coolant flow

Update Rev'd motor for 4 seconds. Nuke warm heat in the cabin thinking it might be air bubbles and this system.
  10. Z

No coolant flow

Hello I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6 L. 2w. With 198768 miles on her. Maintenance kept up oil changes changed every 5000.Change the radiator because it was leaking. Put new radiator hoses and the crossover hose elbow on. put in new Factory coolant with distilled water a new Ford 190...
  11. Z

July EF Lottery

Why can't I post photos
  12. Z

Help no start

No fuse out use ur multi meter and neg to battery or some clean metal or a good ground and positive to fuse slots. Test each side with battery hook up. Do with key off and on record ur result of each and report the ones with no power. DO NOT ARK IT Out WHILE CONNECTED TO BATTERY SO BE SAFE
  13. Z

Help no start

Try this un hooking that fan to #31 and see what happens, seems like u have and incomplete circuit. Or not reading water temp sensor (this a guess because everything is link to pcm and 1 little think can shut down ur x on u)
  14. Z

Help no start

Also check and see if you have power to both sides of the fuses I like to know if you have 12 volts or around 11 volts. Because if u only have power to 1 side of the fuse I have a tip to jump start it and idea on what might be going on
  15. Z

Help no start

Okay I updated my post and there's a couple things you didn't see so double check my other post to you but I'll tell you here anyways. Check out that positive cable to the starter it crosses underneath the oil drain plastic thing which tense of rubble cut into the wires and a ground out it also...
  16. Z

Help no start

Hi I don't know what you have tried yet, So are you blowing fuse #41 in fuse panel under the hood? Have you thoroughly check the wiring to your front two o2 sensor? And the back two o2 especially the wire that goes over the transmission? Have you checked all your ground wire for connectivity...
  17. Z

Power seat help

we'll what I could find out is the countrys they where made . Most was made in Mexico some Canada some China, I can't find a manufacturer so I'm wondering if it's Ford themselves
  18. Z

Power seat help

Are u asking about the track??
  19. Z

Power seat help

I just had that very same issue and found out junk yards think 01 X is same as an 02 X but with my 02 X it had different plugs. I only had a 4 way non memory and non heated. After ordering 3 different seats from online and 1 trip to junk yard I found the seat with the right plugs small grey...
  20. Z

X gen 3 hit 160k today 4.6l running strong as it did new

X gen 3 hit 160k today 4.6l running strong as it did new
  21. Z

2002 X o2 wiring diagram

Update I finally fix my wiring went to the junk yard and got o2 pigtail for free(nice guy) wired it up and did testing all was OK. Found out my brand new o2 had a short in the heater and got a replacement and all is well been 48 hrs. Just hope this 1 don't melt for another 160000 miles. Mine hit...
  22. Z

Power seat help

What is going wrong with it?
  23. Z

2002 X o2 wiring diagram

I did look at those at Rock Auto. I bought local bwd Pigtail plug in connector. Yes, it melted the harness and the plastic plug in and the o2 wire was a mess. I need to know what wire go to what wire. Because the old plug in was melted off the wire so I couldn't see where they went.. I was...
  24. Z

2002 X o2 wiring diagram

2002 Ford Explorer 4.6l and my passenger side o2 connector was melted and the replacement bwd pt5525 does not have the same wire or colors. So Im looking a way to connect the factory grey/red, red/white, grey/Lt blue, and red/yellow wires to the replacement o2 pigtail plug in connector. Photos...
Back