Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2001 Sport..To Sell or Not to Sell..Blown Head Gasket

I guess I'd fix it and try to get your money's worth out of it. Selling it as is condition might prove to be difficult and a loosing proposition in the end. I'd also shop around for a better price for that repair. Head gaskets are almost always mostly labor and that number can very from shop to...
  2. F

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Yeah that was the plan but thanks for the reminder.
  3. F

I replaced the OEM rear shocks on my 05 ST. Very rusty and in the process I found the drivers side leaf spring Shackle was bad So I replaced them as well. Now I need to do the rear axle seal on the drivers side as it's leaking. The fun never ends on these old cars/trucks/SUV's.
  4. F

Rear shock removal not fun.

The last I read is that your motor and mine also have no less then 3 timing chains two in the front of the engine and one in the back and from what I can gather the job is not easy and the rear one will require removing the engine. This job is the only reason I've thought about trading in my 05...
  5. F

Timing chains (3) as far as I can gather that's a pretty big job unless you are lucky and don't have the SOHC 4.0 then your indeed in luck and you only have a timing belt to change.
  6. F

A tail of two trucks

I've owned both Ford and GM cars and trucks and I agree they all have their issues. I bought brand new a 1998 Pontiac Grand prix GTP Super Coup for my wife and it was awesome and I would still own it today except one day I had it at the dealer for an oil change and the tech came in and told me I...
  7. F

I with the help of a good friend changed the shocks on my 05 ST yesterday and after much swearing and using just about every tool in the box we got it done and it only took a little over 2 hrs. When the service tech at the local Ford dealer told me he recommended I have them change them I...
  8. F

Breaking spark plugs?

Thanks for the post, with all the other issues with the 4.0 that's one less to worry about.
  9. F

A tail of two trucks

I bought my 2005 Sport Trac 6 yrs ago it's a nice Sierra Gold color in beautiful condition it looks and runs like brand new and aside of a few minor repairs it's been a Rock. My friend and co-worker George bought the same month a bright red Chevy Silverado 4x4 and I have to admit it was a pretty...
  10. F

Brake noise in reverse

Exactly! Sounds just the same as mine. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the pads they installed.
  11. F

Brake noise in reverse

My brakes make a loud noise but only when backing up. I've had them all replaced not long ago and I don't feel any problem at the pedal and during normal operation the brakes feel and seem fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh by the way the brakes were done at a Mineke Brake...
  12. F

Newbie from MA

Welcome from a another Bay State member enjoy the forum I'm pretty new here as well but already I've gotten some of my questions answered, Members of this forum seem very knowledgeable and helpful. Welcome
  13. F

4.0l Engine Timing Chain Tensioners, Replacement Schedule

My 05 doesn't rattle 90,000 miles. When is the rattle noise most prevalent? Cold start up? How about sitting at a traffic light with it in gear and foot on the brake? I just want to have an Idea what to look for?
  14. F

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

I have an 05 4.0SOHC with almost 90,000 miles on the clock. Is this something I'm going to have to get fixed in the future? I don't have any noise problems as of yet and the motor seems to be running fine and always has. I've been vigilant about oil changes and my local Ford Dealer has done all...
  15. F

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Same here in Massachusetts.
  16. F

Which engine do you think is best

I'd prefer the Q code 351 Cleveland in my Mustang Mach1 over all of these motors but my SOHC 4.0 in my 05 ST. Has been rock solid with no problems or oil consumption or smoke.
  17. F

Replaced the cruise control switch on the master cyclinder.
  18. F

Painting My Stock Rims

Kinda like "if the collar and cuffs match" James Bond from Diamonds are forever.
  19. F

wet rusted floors

I've spent many hours trying to find the leak or leaks that cause my floor to be wet and rusty under the vinyl floor covering. I think I've finally fixed the problem but only time will tell. In the process I found a body plug with a sensor wire that had been replaced or unplugged and never...
  20. F

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Well if you have ever been in a accident and you weren't wearing a seat belt you could lose control of the vehicle and a passenger could be hurt or even killed (I speak from experience) I was t-boned on the drivers side and I wasn't wearing a seat belt and I had trouble staying in the passengers...
  21. F

Painting My Stock Rims

painted mine black and I think it looks great.
  22. F

New guy from Massachussetts

Thanks Tony these forums are a great source of information. I belong to a few, one for each of my toys.
  23. F

Thanks Mike 1969 is and has always been the panicle of style for the Ford Mustang in my humble opinion. I fell in love with the 69 Mach1 when it first came out and that has never changed.
  24. F

Thanks I see you own a 2004 Mach1 ............. Very cool I love that body style my youngest has a 2000 Mustang convertible, and I own a 1972 Mach1.
Back