Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

'99 Explorer LS Swap Finished - Was has anyone done it?

For the wiring did you make your own harness or get a custom one? And do you have any pics of the motor mounts? plan on putting a NA 5.3 in my 03 sport trac soon, trying to get a plan together first.
  2. B

Rear window issue

I open my rear window every chance i get. The last time i sprayed it with lube it would do the up and then down safety thing. To get it up sometimes i had to have someone else hit the button while i guided it up most of the way and then for a couple days i had to vent it then shut it. After that...
  3. B

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

Mine is a 2wd and everything is motocraft from ford. The first set of tensioners were some aftermarket brand and they were replaced after a week.
  4. B

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

I have an 03 Explorer Sport Trac with the 4.0 and have had a hell of a time the the rattle. I had all guides chains and tensioners replaced at about 180k miles because it was rattling at most starts and wanted to do it before it was a new engine. However it has gone back to the shop 4 times to...
  5. B

Sport trac motor swap

Thats for sure but i love the truck. What would probably happen is id put the motor in then get just an sct programmer for it
  6. B

Sport trac motor swap

I have a 2003 sport trac with a 4.0 V6 that is strong, however i want to be able to beat guys with cameros thinking theyre the fastest person on the street. I would like to know if anyone has done this and with what engine. I personally am a believer in the ecoboost 3.5 V6
Back