Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Get what you pay for: front timing guide fail <11K miles

I don't know if they have been replaced before. Truck had 160k when I bought it. And no I wouldn't drive it after knowing the guide is broken.
  2. P

Get what you pay for: front timing guide fail <11K miles

Wow what are the odds this post appears the same day I have same issue. My 2003 Eddie Bauer just rolled 200k and I don't know if the timing chain job has ever been done. I am wondering if anyone has an idea on what I should expect the repair bill to be for timing chain job? Also should I expect...
  3. P

Spare tire

I have a '03 Eddie Bauer edition that I bought last year. Today I had to use the spare tire and thought it was interesting. I thought it would just be a steel wheel. But it wasn't . This is what come on all four just as I bought it. And this is my spare. Reckon the previous owner did...
  4. P

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

Thanks it's a 1986.
  5. P

Lower thermostat housing or manifold leaking

Can't see much for all the stuff in the way, but new one is on. Doing good after a spin around the block. I'd say anyone can do the job beginning to end in 3ish or so hours. My only issue was losing a bolt that goes in top of alternator. Bought manifold from Ford.. it was waayyy expensive. I...
  6. P

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

This is the reason I bought my 2003 explorer Eddie Bauer. It's got the 4.6 and tow package. Currently at 177k miles. 17 ft bass tracker pulls like it's not even there. This was moving my mom 330 miles from Alabama to Kentucky. Recorded 8 miles per gallon loaded and 9 miles per gallon unloaded.
  7. P

I'm new here

New to the forum here. I bought my 2003 explorer in March 2015. My grandfather gave me his old fishing boat and I needed something to pull it with and found this Eddie Bauer edition. It currently has 178k miles.
  8. P

It's an expensive blemish.
  9. P

It looks like I will have to buy a new intake. Small piece of plastic there broke allowing that seal at coolant passage shown in pic to pop out... :(:banghead:
  10. P

This is an 03 with 4.6 by the way
  11. P

Well it seems at this point I will be taking the intake manifold off. I have a leak here I just cant tell if it's between the plastic of intake manifold and lower thermostat housing or if it's the manifold gasket. Also apparently this piece is considered a part of the manifold I just wanted...
  12. P

How to: Tow hook installation procedure.

Thanks for posting.. This was easy.
Back