Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

P0135 p0141....

I know this thread is ancient, but I'm looking for answers with a current problem. Was this the MAF sensor connection?
  2. G

Mystery codes 0403 and 0443 - 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L

Any update on this thread? Did it work for you? i now have the same two codes.
  3. G

2010 Explorer, 172k. Should I do the tensioners?

Sorry I didn't clarify, it's a V6 4.0
  4. G

2010 Explorer, 172k. Should I do the tensioners?

We bought this a few years back. It seems to have been dealer maintained its whole life, and I've done everything I can to keep her in good shape. Changed every fluid in the car, etc. My question is, should I do the external timing tensioners? I haven't noticed any of the startup rattles...
  5. G

Wrench Light, Code PO713

Thought I'd post an update to this, for the good of the forum. Pulled apart the case electrical connection (bulkhead?) going into the solenoid pack. It was full of muddy water. Wife said she hit a massive puddle a few days before this. pulled the connector apart, shot it full of CRC QD...
  6. G

Wrench Light, Code PO713

Yesterday our 2010 4.0L Explorer XLT got a wrench light for the first time which promptly went away. I scanned it after work, and got a PO713 code, for the Transmission Temperature sensor (Sensor A, High Circuit Input). This morning the wife called saying it was shifting hard. I told her to...
  7. G

2010 4.0 Engine Tick

Thanks for the response. Post #19 on your link is exactly what i think I'm hearing.....so you're saying its fine? Would you replace the tensioners for peace of mind or forget about it?
  8. G

2010 4.0 Engine Tick

Update....I think its a noisy fuel injector instead. I put a stethoscope on the valve cover and it was smooth as silk. The fuel rail is pinging like crazy though. Going to run some Lucas through it before I do anything else. As an aside, I've been reading a lot about the timing...
  9. G

2010 4.0 Engine Tick

Oh I forgot to mention, about 164k on the odometer.
  10. G

2010 4.0 Engine Tick

Hello, My wife told me her car was making some funny noises. We took it out for a ride, stopped in a parking lot. At a hot idle, I can hear a ticking on the left bank with the hood closed. I planned to dig in deeper at home then got sidetracked. I have a mechanics stethoscope I can check...
  11. G

1st Post-Normal Maintenance Questions

Thanks to all who responded so far. You deserve an update. The light thud/knock when easing on and off the gas was the front U-joint (Tranny to driveshaft) at highway speeds, which we replaced this weekend. We did the transmission fluid and filter a week or so ago, and it's shifting nice...
  12. G

1st Post-Normal Maintenance Questions

Hello all, This is my first post. We have a 2010 XLT that my wife drives. It's been a good vehicle. We've owned it about two years now, purchased it with around 130k miles, it now has about 150k. We've only done the normal oil changes on it. I'm ready to get into some deeper...
  13. G

vacuum leak ???

Houston, I'm having the same problem. Hoping someone chimes in with more information.
  14. G

Hello Everyone

Thanks Machine! I'll definitely take the advice. I want to keep this a long time. I'll post more in the correct forum.
  15. G

Hello Everyone

Just purchased a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT yesterday. It seems like it's going to be a nice vehicle. There are a couple "bugs" to work out, that I'm sure I'll need pointed in the right direction, such as the cruise control isn't working, and the air conditioning blows really well for a couple...
Back