Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

99 XLT (V6 sohc) - towing

Thanks for all the replies. Is there a particular hitch setup/brand I should go with? Nice pic GIJOECAM!
  2. S

99 XLT (V6 sohc) - towing

Can a v6 tow very much? Looking at adding a hitch and towing a jet ski. Any info appreciated.
  3. S

New brake pads......

I'm pretty much open to suggestion for aftermarket pads. I'll check out Wagner and Bendix.
  4. S

New brake pads......

I'm gonna need some new pads soon for my 99 XLT and was wondering if it was worth buying some aftermarket pads instead of oem ford. Also, is it true that to put new pads on they need to be machine balanced to ensure proper fit? Thanks in advance.
  5. S

High Idle, trans acting funny, then A/C goes

Just an update in case anyone was wondering. The transmission had to be rebuilt. Took it in to the shop and had them fix everything that was needing maint. on the car. This included a rebuilt tranny (w/ a 2 yr 24k mile warranty), complete engine tune up and cleaning including flushing the...
  6. S

I cleaned the MAF just a few weeds ago. I'll have to look into the TPS. TPLYNCH- you search shows no matches.....??
  7. S

Anymore information that you can direct me to on the valve body issue? Also, do you think replacing my thermostat would be something to try? (I am still getting high idle around 1200 rpm. This is with the air off. It does it at start up and even if it has been running a while and then put...
  8. S

Mustang question...

This site has the hood scoops (primed, not painted) and also the ram air shaker system: Classic Design Concepts
  9. S

Mustang question...

check www.stangparts.com
  10. S

I love Ford

Thanks for the compliments. The only thing is, now I want to spend a little $ money on the explorer....... all of that is supposed to be for the stang! By the way, do they make a supercharger that will fit the 99 sohc?
  11. S

I love Ford

:D Black 1999 Ford Explorer XLT (v6 sohc) I actually took payments over from my fiancee and made it my daily driver now. I freaking love this thing. Especially the sunroof! I have a black 97 mustang cobra, so this matches pretty well. I wonder though if it is powerful enough to tow...
  12. S

I am having similar problems with my 99 v6 (sohc) explorer. It has a rough shift between 2-3 gear about 80% of the time. The rpms will jump, and then it will KICK into 3rd. This has been going on for months, but the problem has not gotten any worse. I recently changed the tranny fluid, but...
Back