Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Fuel Guage shows way over full

Okay so now I'm at 1/2 tank and I've driven 300km's. I don't drive on the highway so this is either really exceptional gas mileage for this truck or the guage is messed. I hope it's like alexfron says and it's just the weather.. I'm going to fill it up this week and see how many litres get...
  2. S

Fuel Guage shows way over full

I wish what it was telling me was true but I'm sure the guage is messed up. I've only driven about 45km's since filling the tank so I'll give it some more before seeing if it moves at all. Is this a common problems with Explorer's? I have a 1992 XLT with 232,000km's on it. Everything else...
  3. S

Looks like I'll need a new Starter

Hmm...I will check that out first. I'm the opposite and don't want to spend that much cash on it and if it's an electrical problem that I can remedy maybe that will save me cash. Thanks.
  4. S

it's not a click click click. It's just one click and I'm not even sure if the click is coming from the starter. I thought about corrosion on the wires to the starter but then thought if I can start the sucker by tapping on the starter then it's probably the solenoid no?
  5. S

Recently, there have been times where I've turned the key and I get one click and then nothing. On these occasions I get underneath and tap the starter with my maglite and it works like new for about a week or two. I think the problem has worsened to where the starter is almost gone. How...
  6. S

won't shift from 1-2 w/o letting off the gas

Thanks for the clear answer. I'm going to have someone clean up the govenor and replace the tranny fluid and I hope the problem I'm having will be fixed. I'm not getting any trouble codes from what I've seen. Thanks again!
  7. S

won't shift from 1-2 w/o letting off the gas

Was this problem resolved? Is this a common thing?
Back