Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

LED headlight bulbs error message

The headlights I have, Beamtech brand, from Amazon. They still give me a code error even after the company sent me a pigtail to eliminate the error. So I wouldn't recommend these if you are worried about getting the headlight error. Honestly the error doesn't bother me, I hit a reset button and...
  2. 0

07 Explorer blower motor resistor?

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer build date 5/2007 (that makes a difference in purchasing the correct part). Motorcraft YH-27 (part ID) Amazon had them for $32 Rock auto had them for $23 Installation (easy) Unhook negative terminal on the battery. Look under the passenger side, glove box area...
  3. 0

I did end up purchasing the YH-27 Motorcraft blower motor resistor from Amazon. The numbers are the exact same on the part. I look to install it here soon, updated post to follow.
  4. 0

My build date is 5/2007 so I'm almost positive I need the YH-27 part number. I still haven't purchased it quite yet, it's just sitting in my Amazon cart since I had surgery a few days ago.
  5. 0

Thank you, I will definitely look to purchase that one.
  6. 0

My manual heat controls would not blow on setting 1-2-3 but would work on 4. After doing some research on this issue, it lead me to the blower motor resistor. Ive been searching for a new blower motor resistor. I have read numerous people trying cheap AutoZone blower motor resistors and they...
  7. 0

I used Amazon, a company called Beamtech for the headlights. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507992866&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=h13+led+headlight+bulbs&dpPl=1&dpID=51TrN8JdGvL&ref=plSrch Fog lights are LED as well...
  8. 0

Here is a pic of low beam LED along with LED fog lights. It is very bright, no flickering issues. BEAMTECH is sending me a decoder for the LED headlights to hopefully eliminate the error message on my information display. Here is my 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer.
  9. 0

Motorcraft® SW6292 steering wheel radio controls

I took my blank black plate off the right hand side of steering wheel and see no wire harness to hook the control switch into. I'm beginning to wonder if we are SOL (s*it out luck).
  10. 0

Thanks guys, I have been emailing the company back and forth. Im hoping they will send me the needed wire harness(s) needed to eliminate this error code. If not I'll find some on Amazon. Yes, I should have just purchased a more expensive LED that is error free bulbs. In the end it costs the...
  11. 0

I installed some Beamtech LED headlight bulbs from Amazon today in my 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. On my way to work I got a headlight left and headlight right error message on my information display. Has anyone else had this message come up with LED bulb installation and if so, what did...
  12. 0

2007 Eddie Bauer 20" tire size?

I finally took the plunge and ordered wheels and tires for my 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. Here is the vehicle before and after pics. Here is after some modification. I ended up going with 255/50/20 Goodyear Eagle tires from Amazon. I'm really happy how well...
  13. 0

I ordered 255/50/20 Goodyears off Amazon. Hopefully I'll have the wheels and tires on the Explorer next week. I'll post pics once they are on, I have to install my new cross drilled and slotted rotors as well. Can't have rusty and junk looking brakes behind a good wheel.
  14. 0

20" ST Adrenalin rims on my 03 Limited

How do you like the 255/50/20 tires? I was wondering whether to go with 245/50/20 or 255/50/20? I ordered 20" wheels for my 2007 Eddie Bauer. Do you have any issues with rubbing at full turn? Your explorer looks awesome on those Adrenaline wheels. Thanks
  15. 0

Motorcraft® SW6292 steering wheel radio controls

My 2007 Ford explorer Eddie Bauer edition came with a blank black plate on the right of the steering wheel. I want to add the radio controls to my vehicle but I'm not sure if I need a wire harness or if it's already there? Or will the new switch even operate the radio since it wasn't factory...
  16. 0

I purchased aftermarket 20" wheels for my 2007. 1. I'm hoping the 20" will fit first off. 2. What would the best tire size be for these SUV's be? I have saw numerous tire sizes very close to; 245/50/20 (29.6" tall) Or 255/50/20 (30" tall) My 07 has a small rake it seems (lower in the front)...
  17. 0

Looking for rims

What tire size did you end up going with on the 22" wheels?
  18. 0

New fuel pump, same no start issues.

Thanks I will try starting at the pump. After changing to the new fuel pump. I was able to drive the explorer 8-10 miles and start ups were perfect after running a few errands. I let it sit for a few days, went to start it up for work and after cycling the key a few (4-7 times) I could not...
  19. 0

New fuel pump, same no start issues.

Installed a new electronic fuel pump, just the pump. I cut the red and blk wires and used heat shrink butt connectors to the new pump. My 1996 4.0 liter explorer is a daily driver, however I do not drive it for a few days in a row at times. I have issues when it sits, it seems as if they fuel...
  20. 0

Power windows quit working

Here is my 1996 Explorer XLT I purchased for $1000 over 3 years ago with 90,000 miles, 6disc changer and a sunroof. I recently had issues with my windows not wanting to go down except when the door was open or cracked. Then the windows stopped working all together. I wasn't sure if it was the...
Back