Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. supr squirrel

Exhaust leaks, Ford Explorers and the environment.

'No disrespect', but what you're asking for is absurd. There is not a snowballs chance in hell of it ever happening. Is your goal to bankrupt Ford because you smell the catalytic converter from time to time? Because it sure sounds like it. Some of the responses here are reasonable and well...
  2. supr squirrel

Exhaust leaks, Ford Explorers and the environment.

I nearly referenced this in my comment on the other thread regarding this subject. Out of 1.3 million vehicles there are (at least) 2,719 reports. That's less than .003 percent of vehicles. That's a miniscule number. Granted, I know the number is likely higher than that, but still a very...
  3. supr squirrel

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

I think you missed touching on the most important part (at least to me) of Kay's post. If not sealing seams was such a cost saving measure in the assembly of the Explorer and that's what is leading to this issue, wouldn't this issue likely carry over to other Ford vehicles as well? If it saves...
  4. supr squirrel

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Hmm, I know @Summers22 painted his own (had a tutorial up on an F-150 page.) I'll have to find out how his are holding up. Maybe instead of painting mine (I think I've finally convinced Mrs. Squirrel to let me, haha) perhaps I'll just leave mine as overlays. Already received several...
  5. supr squirrel

New Grille question

You can get them off of eBay or other places. You can also take them off and paint them yourself. You can also plasti dip them or use a vinyl to 'wrap' them. There are also vinyl overlays out there that can do the job. Painted is preferable (at least IMO), but not always an option. Perhaps...
  6. supr squirrel

New Grille question

From the email response that @SurrealOne received unfortunately you are correct. They did leave the door open a bit for the option of it in the future, but not right now. Contacting them and asking about your MY certainly couldn't hurt. :) Pulled from post #9
  7. supr squirrel

Intro and Grille Question

Welcome to the forum. Most posters here don't go the 'modified' route in regards to their grills, but rather painting or plasti dipping them, changing out emblems, etc. @autoworksrussia does some modified grills and you can find them with a quick search. Anyway, I'm sure some that have...
  8. supr squirrel

Livernois tune experience

I don't think @Livernois is going to respond. They haven't been on the forum since November of last year and they're no longer a sponsor of the site. Which is a shame, because he/she was very helpful.
  9. supr squirrel

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

First off, yes, Alfred is filthy. He'll get a bath later today (likely, at least. Unless the Bears game goes really badly, haha.) Anyway, got the overlays installed. They're not perfect. I probably should have done them this morning versus last evening, but having said that unless you're...
  10. supr squirrel

Lifted 2014 explore sport eating tires

1) When you say tires being worn down at an alarming rate are you talking inside, outside or generally all across the tire? Any time you change the suspension (raise, lower, etc) you're best to have the vehicle realigned afterwards to either lessen or avoid issues like this. If you can show us...
  11. supr squirrel

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Finally got around to shooting a couple videos of what the Evitek LED high beams look like. The videos turned out 'ok', but to be honest the difference is even more noticeable in person versus the video. Still, hopefully this will help someone make a more informed decision on the matter...
  12. supr squirrel

Really miss sending destination addresses to NAV

If you use Android Auto either Waze or Google maps will show you GPS coordinates. We were 'lost' in NW Kentucky on Monday and Waze maps were incomplete (I'm assuming because lack of a cell signal) so I switched over to Google maps. I can't remember which one it was (I think it was Waze), but...
  13. supr squirrel

Finally got around to ordering some overlays from the place @CarsAndCaffeine suggested (from Pro Stickers, www.emblemoverlays.com.) Got them in black with burnt orange lettering (without the 'ring.') Haven't received a confirmation on when they'll be here yet, though. The vinyl is supposed to...
  14. supr squirrel

First off, what you did looks fantastic. I'm going to do what you suggested. When I do the wife's calipers in orange I'm going to order two kits of orange and two of black. One orange and one black for each of our vehicles. Then I'll paint the hubs of both vehicles black and do her...
  15. supr squirrel

Thank you, sir. Both for reaffirming what I figured and for the link as well. :)
  16. supr squirrel

I'm quoting Sgt, but this is pretty much directed at anyone who cares to answer (to allow me to continue being lazy and not look, haha.) What size lugs does the Explorer take? :-)
  17. supr squirrel

Are they aluminum? How much? How hard to put on? Where did you get them? And, to modify a line from Batman just a bit 'do they come in orange?' :) Oh, and of course....they look good. :-)
  18. supr squirrel

Rear Air Conditioning - Can I set a temp?

And I just realized what I said might not apply because I'm basing my comments of Sync 3 and not MFT.
  19. supr squirrel

Rear Air Conditioning - Can I set a temp?

There isn't an actual temperature to set it at (like in the front), but as far as I know based on family feedback and in this video you can set a different temp for the rear cabin versus the front cabin. It's just more 'guesswork' without an actual number displayed. The rear cabin discussion...
  20. supr squirrel

Looks very nice. Tint is one of the cheapest and easiest mods to accomplish. Not only does it add to the looks dramatically, but it also helps keep your interior cooler, etc. I'm surprised more people don't do it (if it's legal in their state, of course.)
  21. supr squirrel

Gotcha. I almost asked if you meant window or lights but just went with lights, haha. Still would be curious to see how it looks, although I'm fairly sure I'd get pulled over every 100 feet if I did that in Illinois. I'd love to swap out to sport headlights, but $750 a housing is a bit rich...
  22. supr squirrel

Fronts? As in headlights? Curious of how it looks. As well as light output. I know @jonnoriega has it done, just curious for a bit more input. Also... .:pics:
  23. supr squirrel

LED Headlight Conversions

It's fair to be worried about, to be sure. Basically you have to weigh what you're more concerned with: shorter LED life thanks to extra heat or the possibility of increased moisture in the light housing due to the removal of the dust covers. Ultimately the possibility of reduced life seemed...
  24. supr squirrel

Looks nice. Let the modding begin. :-)
  25. supr squirrel

Fair 5th Generation Explorer Maintenance Question

I couldn't agree more. While there will always be enthusiasts like ourselves (and @jonnoriega, @Summers22, @Fentress24, etc) the overwhelming majority of those who register at a site like this are seeking some kind of help or answers. And that's fine. But it skews any data you might find here...
Back