Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Canadian ECU id

I'm trying to get somebody to burn a chip for my -99 Explorer 4.0l. The 4 bold letters on the ECU reads AHH2. According to SCT that is the same as CDE3. Apten made me a chip with specs for the CDE3 but it did not work. Fortunatelly they will give me a full refound (nice guys). Anyone has another...
  2. R

Poor gasmilage

I usually have an egg between my foot and the pedal
  3. R

Poor gasmilage

Now, if there is nothing wrong with my O2 sensors, would a chip from Apten help any? Maybe a new throttle house from BBK? Or a 3" catback system, maybe? Or will I have to live with 15mpg?
  4. R

Poor gasmilage

No, no CEL illuminations
  5. R

Poor gasmilage

It's the SOHC motor. Where are the O2 sensors located?
  6. R

Poor gasmilage

I get real poor gasmilage from my 99 4.0l. It has only 50.000 miles on it, all new airfilter/plugs/oil, correct tire pressure, new trans fluid. Even so I only get about 15miles/gallon highway driving at a steady 60mph. It's even worse in town. Anyone got any suggestion about what could be wrong...
  7. R

Rear seat audio panel

Thanks for the info. Mats
  8. R

Rear seat audio panel

Can You hook up a rear seat audio panel (complete with console) to any Ford sound system or does it require a special audio unit. I now have a 6000 system with CD. Vehicle is a 99 Explorer 4.0L. CD player is out of a 03 Focus. Thanks Mats
  9. R

O/D issues

As soon as speed drops below 50 it shifts in to 4th, downhill or cruising. Mats
  10. R

O/D issues

So what Your saying is that it doesn't behave properly? Mats
  11. R

O/D issues

Does this sound like normal operation for the overdrive on the auto trans. It's in i 99 4.0l 4x4. When taking off from a standstill with very moderate acceleration the O/D shifts in at about 50-55 mph. It then stays in as long as the speed is over 50. As soon as the speed drops to below 50 the...
  12. R

Offset rims

Hi all, My name is Mats and I live in Sweden and I'm new to this forum. I have a 99 High Class and I'm wondering what the offset should be on a new set of wheels? 0, +15, +30 or??? Thanks Mats
Back