Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Tranny gauge?

Thanks guys!!!
  2. A

Tranny gauge?

I just got my A4LD rebuilt.. YES haha J/K Wondering if anyone has installed a tranny temp. gauge on their explorer? If so any help would be greatly appriciated!!
  3. A

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Hey I am from Trinity!!!! But I am in school up in Boone!
  4. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

I am going to put a 700r4 in sometime but it just when i get the time with cutting the body up and getting everything mocked up! I know its a let down going with a heep as a DD but i have to do what i can afford and what gets the mpg.
  5. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

Well guys....I have decided to scrap the new tranny....The explorer is going to become an all out rock crawler with no street time. I am getting a HEEP for a dd. The explorer is going to get a full on makeover.
  6. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

About how long once I send my parts to Bowtie can I expect to get my tranny? Just wondering if anyone one knew. By the way I am going with the stage 3 in hope that it will hold up for pretty much ever!!!
  7. A

Need help: Regearing

No you would need atleast 4.88 if not 5.13!
  8. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

Do I have to send the output shaft to whoever builds the tranny?
  9. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

I am ordering the AA kit yes! Now whats the deal with the output shaft???
  10. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

Any other GOOD options besides Bowtie for a 60 degree 700r4. I officially broke my a4ld and need help quick. I hope to order a trans this weekend or monday and then install as soon as it arrives. thanks
  11. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

Trust me I wheel mine. I have love the skinny pedal.
  12. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

So who would you go with if you didn't go with bowtie OD. I am have to get a new tranny and I want a 700r4 but I am kind scared of getting a bowtie unit now b/c of the problems you all have been having. Heck my a4ld lasted 155,000 miles.
  13. A

Re-gear

Whats size tires are you running? What do you plan to do rocks, mud, trails, etc?
  14. A

Uwharrie saturday of labor day weekend

My tranny went out so I am swapping in a 700r4 and all those goodies. So I am running low on money and I am just going to keep the 8.8 rear and get either a rubi or waggy front 44 and fill both axles with chromo's, ctm's and 4.88's. And everything else will be just like the other swap I had...
  15. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

OK just wondering if I should look for another company that makes the 60 deg and maybe try them out since you have already had trouble with yours. Sorry to hear about the tranny Jefe. Thanks for all of your help!!!
  16. A

Dana 35 TTB Carrier Breaks.

I am 99.9% sure there is only one carrier offered for the ttb 35 front end. They are reverse but by the way.
  17. A

Anyone know of anywhere close to boone, nc that could cut down an axle?
  18. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

K that was my next question as I was just reading about the 90 and 60 degree differences. Have you ever figured out what was wrong with yours Jefe? Thanks guys.
  19. A

Tires vs Gears

They don't make a 1" BL that I am aware of! Just 2 and 3!
  20. A

Square driveshaft

ttt
  21. A

I might be in just depends on what stage of SAS I am at then. Maybe finished!!! I hope.
  22. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

anyone?
  23. A

Return From Uwharrie

ok thanks man!!
  24. A

Jefe's 700R4 swap

What do you guys think about this 700r4? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XSTREME-DUTY-TRUCK-700R4-4L60-TRANSMISSION-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ7990132816QQcategoryZ33727QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Would it be a better trans than the bowtie underdrives stage 2? Just wondering.
  25. A

Gear ratio advice???

I was kind of leaning that way anyone else?
Back