Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

1992 explorer front diff upgrades>?

i have a detroit locker for the front kicking around my shop collecting dust. worked perfect until i swapped it for an air locker
  2. V

Strongbox Shorty install question

hello my fellow explorer enthusiasts, I have my strongbox shorty installed on my transfer case ready to reinstall into my ex. Im wondering if anyone who has the shorty installed did anyone make a transfer case mount instead of relying on just the transmission mount. pics and a little...
  3. V

1" lean on driver's side

I know on the high quality lift kits like James duff kits, they give you a 1/2 to 3/4 inch metal puck to put under the lower bucket cup between the beam and cup to compensate for lean one one side or the other. Have you measured from bottom of frame horn to the ground in the front? Might be a...
  4. V

MAF sensor vs distance from throttle body

hey guys, does the maf sensor have to be a certain distance from the throttle body to run right? i just doved the front body of my explorer and had to run the intake to the drivers side instead of the passenger side for clearance, Has anyone done this before? just finishing up cutting the...
  5. V

Transmission oil on coolant fan shroud

it really depends on how your truck is set up and how you use it. but rule of thumb is a that you cant cool your transmission fluid enough, so that wouldnt be a bad idea. sorry not talking from experience as i have a manual transmission in my explorer, but many in my wheelin group have autos.
  6. V

Transmission oil on coolant fan shroud

hiya, those two lines on the side of the radiator are your transmission cooler. i would check if the connections are tight and also spray down the lines/connections with brake clean and see if there is any visible seepage. most likely the leak is in that area.
  7. V

Dana 44 Knuckles on Dana 35 TTB

Sorry guys got held up at work. I work out of state, I should be back to my house to take pics and measure my cams in a day or two.
  8. V

Almost Tons Swap

44 ttb!!!! Be different!!!
  9. V

First gen Brush Guard

Where are you located at i have one off of a first gen just sitting.
  10. V

I got the same measurement from the Dana 35 adjuster sleeve as the Dana 44 sleeve. I used some old dial calipers. Who knows how accurate they are.
  11. V

I just tightened the pinch bolt after torquing the upper ball joint to factory 85 bronco spec. will update with pictures sometime tomorrow!!!
  12. V

No problems, haven’t tried that but would be cool to see if that worked
  13. V

I used the fully adjustable ones for a Dana 44. Still had a bunch more adjustment left after it was aligned
  14. V

No you can’t, Dana 35 upper gets held in by the pinch bolt and snap ring on the beam as a Dana 44 gets held in by a castle nut like a regular ball joint
  15. V

No my camber/caster alignment cams were the same diameter as the Dana 35. Yah it aligned out perfectly
  16. V

yes and also you need to clearance the end of the beams where the knuckle attaches to achieve full steer. Then figure out what you are going to do for steering. Dana 44 knuckles are reamed from the opposite side as the Dana 35 knuckles. I did a Straight hole thru the ream. If i recall right it...
  17. V

The swap is totally worth it in my case! I was going thru wheel bearings like nobody's business with the spacing of the factory 35 spindles with 35 inch tires. I used Knuckles, Spindles, Calipers, and Hubs from a 1985 fullsize Bronco. For me it was an easy swap, you just have to be careful when...
  18. V

what muffler sounds good with the 4.0?

I have the cats hallowed out and a 40 series flowmaster with a full length tailpipe. Love the sound, almost sounds like a v8.
  19. V

James duff 5.5 lift question/problem

Hey guys I have a 91 ex with james duff 5.5 inch lift w/extended radius arms and I'm having a problem with the inner axle popping out of my diff. Lift has been on for about 3 years or so and never had a problem until my last wheeling trip. I had a Detroit in the front no c clip or c clip...
Back