Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

ST SUV Experience Driving Program

2021 dates are available - just registered for Asheville!
  2. S

Get 2020 Deal or wait?

20% off MSRP seems like a pipe dream. We went with a 2020 ST a couple weeks ago. In working with nearly a dozen dealers, including having a private cash offer, 13% off was the best I could do. We ended up paying a little more for a different color/option combination, but I can't see 20% even...
  3. S

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Maybe be a little less snarky, man. The only reason most of us are even aware of it is because of the smell you get after acceleration. It is completely related.
  4. S

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Maybe be a little less snarky, man. The only reason most of us are even aware of it is because of the smell you get after acceleration. It is completely related.
  5. S

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

I have a 2017 explorer sport, and noticed that the treadblocks are starting to flake off pretty badly. Little frustrating with only 12K on the clock. Anyone know if the stock tires come with any treadwear warranty (or if I should even bother the dealer with this)?
  6. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I'm not referring to the rotten egg smell (which is occasional, and also seen on some other vehicles, but the exhaust fumes that are being discussed here. This thread is something unique to the Explorer, and not normal under any circumstance.
  7. S

The Ex is still new to me, and I've been tracking fuel economy. Last two tanks I've used premium instead of regular. Economy nudged up a little (but not enough to cover the cost), but I've noticed even under heavy acceleration, I've not had any fumes in car on Premium. This is surely...
  8. S

My 2017 does it as well, quite unbelievable, really.
  9. S

Fishing Rod Holder Ideas

I'm sure a pair of yaks and some bikes are within the weight specs of the roof.
  10. S

2017 Explorer Sport Arrived - Ambient Light and Sync 3 Questions Pls.>>>

Mine does not, but that is a nice safety feature when opening a door into possible traffic.
  11. S

Switched Power Source?

The AUX port in your center console is not switched. The fuse panel is under your dash, it's just waaaaaay up there and a royal PITA to get to. I had to take down the trim pieces under my steering wheel (where your knees are) in order to even see it.
  12. S

"Cubby" hole door

Great, thanks everyone. Spendy little bit of plastic. Maybe I'll wait for some 17s to start getting to junkyards :)
  13. S

"Cubby" hole door

Hi, I'm looking to get a spare cover for the cubby hole in the center console (with the Sync button, and USB/Lighter adapter inside, in front of the shifter: Does anyone know the part number for the cubby door, and more importantly, how difficult it would be to replace. I would like to...
  14. S

2016 - 2017 crossbars weight restrictions

Yep, I've got the towing package, just disappointed that the roof rack isn't that practical. Especially since I got the crossbars "free" (just made the dealer throw them in).
  15. S

What I meant was, can anyone venture a guess as to what the actual weight limit is, not just what's in the manual. That seems like an unusually low tolerance. You could hardly put a family's worth of skis on the roof. The average rooftop box is >55lbs.
  16. S

Are those weight restrictions real? I can't imagine what you could possibly carry with a sunroof. Perhaps a single bicycle?
  17. S

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

So, do you have anything cooking for the '17 Sports yet? Particularly something that could help me make use of my SCT tuner? :)
  18. S

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

I have an SCT iTSX tuner, I'd love to put it to use on my EXSport.
  19. S

Switched fuse for dash cam in 2016 Explorer

I tapped into the mirror wiring on my '17 for Dash Cam and Radar Detector. Quite easy to do.
  20. S

15 digit vin number

Quite the over reaction.
  21. S

Navigation Guidance Volume

Cool, thanks. Will give that a whirl - every other car I've had has had it in the menus somewhere. :)
  22. S

Navigation Guidance Volume

Have a 2017 w/Sync3 - cannot locate how to adjust the guidance volume - does anyone know where in the menus this is? Navigation basically whispers at me.
  23. S

Tuning Options for SCT iTSX Tuner?

Just sold my '14 Mustang GT and picked up a '17 Sport. I have an iTSX wireless tuner - are there any options to use this with my Sport? Wanted to know if it'd be useful before I went and sold it.
  24. S

3.5 Ecoboost - What type of fuel are you running?

Advertised HP and what is actually delivered to the wheels is very different.
Back