Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Caliper pin and bolt

I ended up having success drilling out the bolt and using an extractor. Got a new bolt at pep boys. Bolt is m8. 1.25pitch. 20mm long. Car is back in action!
  2. S

Caliper pin and bolt

Here's some pics:
  3. S

Caliper pin and bolt

So I was changing the rear brake pads and rotors in my 2014 Explorer yesterday. When I was putting the bolts that connect the caliper to the caliper pins back in the bolt snapped off in the pin. I had over torqued them. My torque wrench failed me. Anyway, I went to every part store near me...
  4. S

Power Issues When Reversing

OK got the car back. They replaced the Power Take Off Unit. They removed the old one and opened the casing to determine it was bad. Found bearing and gear failure.
  5. S

I'll report back again with more details when we get the car back and I can discuss more details with the tech. Perhaps it'll make sense to change the thread title at that point in case someone ever finds this thread in a search in the future.
  6. S

Interior Door panel issue / separation

UPDATE: Had to bring the Explorer in for a different issue but had them look at this too. Dealer fixed this at no cost to us. Said there was a recall on this and that's why it was done for free.
  7. S

We brought the car in Wednesday. Ford had to take apart the transmission. They determined it was the Power take off unit that was bad. They ordered the part and will put it back together tomorrow. Fortunately it was covered under warranty so it's only costing me $100.
  8. S

Ughhh. Transmission? So I just tried it again. It seemed to kick while I was turning in reverse. It felt like it was slipping. I'd rev the engine and nothing would really happen. Then it would engage and jerk. But it also falsely sent out a car/object coming from teh right and sounded the...
  9. S

Sometimes when I go to reverse my 2014 XLT the car starts bucking and fighting in reverse. I think the reverse sensors are sensing an object that doesn't exist and pulsing the brakes. It feels jerky and like the car is going to stall almost. Perhaps it's a bad sensor or sensors? How should I...
  10. S

Well I contacted Ford chat. Basically I'm SOL as far as getting the repair covered by them. I could still the dealership but I assume I'll get no where with them too. Looking at the youtube repair it doesn't look like a difficult repair. From my experience the hardest part is removing the...
  11. S

So I noticed our 2014 Explorer is having the panel cover separate at the top near the window channel. It's worse on the front drivers side but also effecting the front passenger side. I just noticed it over the weekend and this is the first place I came to see if anyone else is having issues...
  12. S

Sway bar linkage?

I understand they will need grease. I'm ok with that.
  13. S

Sway bar linkage?

Thanks all. I ordered the parts. I assume "hex-holding feature" means I put a 13/16" box end wrench on first so I can unscrew the nut. Then use a socket on the bolt tip to prevent it all from spinning while I loosen everything up. Is that pretty much it? Looks like a straight forward job...
  14. S

Sway bar linkage?

Thanks. I've been searching and am going with the Moog's and replacing both fronts. Any installation tips or know what torque settings to secure the linkage nuts?
  15. S

Sway bar linkage?

I guess this is what I need? Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance If both in the back and the passenger side are fine I don't have to replace them as well, right? I'm ok just replacing this one? Any special needs to do this job? I do not have an impact if that matters.
  16. S

Sway bar linkage?

So today I was driving my wifes explorer. She had been complaining of hearing a clanking noise on occassion. Well I drove it today and when we went over a speed bump I heard the clank. Got out and it turns out the linkage that connects the sway bar at the top by the front drivers side tire...
  17. S

Weird electronic issues

Thanks for that. I ordered a new ambient air temp sensor and put it in last night. Seems to have fixed the temp issue. Interestingly the plastic tip of my old sensor was gone. Basically looked like two exposed wires that were starting to rust some. Also, the pigtail that holds the sensor is...
  18. S

Weird electronic issues

I've tried that as well and often it does not help.
  19. S

Weird electronic issues

We tried pulling the phone charger but no difference. Still getting the weird issues. Last Friday I was in the car and it was around 40F outside but the car registered as 71F. Because of this it would not blow out heat. It's rare when this happens but like I said it happens at least once a...
  20. S

Weird electronic issues

Speed does not seem to matter. Only thing plugged in is a cell phone charger that isn't new to the car.
  21. S

Weird electronic issues

Actually we replaced the battery January of last year.
  22. S

Weird electronic issues

There's been a few issues with the electronics in my wifes explorer. Periodically the thermometer in my wifes 2014 XLT will read the temp outside much warmer than it actually is. This morning she was driving it and it's about 28 outside yet the thermometer in the dash read 69. There's also...
  23. S

Popping when turning right

Dropped our Explorer off this morning. Just got a call from the dealer. Sway bar links were broken. Right front lower control arm was shot including ball joint. Replacing all. Hope to get it back tomorrow. Oh, and they are also replacing the power window motors.
  24. S

CPO Warranty question

It's my understanding CPO warranties come with a $100 deductible. If you bring the car in for multiple issues that would be covered under the CPO does the $100 deductible apply to the total issues repaired or per issue? For example, I need to get three different things fixed all under the...
  25. S

Clicking front wheels

Called dealer. Service guy seemed to be familiar with the washer issue. Dropping it off on Monday. Will post results. Also having them look at our stuttering front windows. Seems there's a TSB on that too.
Back