Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

"jerky" tansmission while cruising

hi I've got a 99 explorer with ~200000 km on it.... its running ok, but every one and a while, while cruising at a constant speed (eg 80km/h) the truck will "jerk" I'm assuming its the transmission, the revs don't jump, its like Ive tapped the breaks..... I don't know.... I bought it used so...
  2. N

noisy alpine 9833/9835 ???

I've got a separate amp to drive the fronts so.. but i was us the HU to drive the rear...
  3. N

noisy alpine 9833/9835 ???

hi just wondering if anybody else had this problem... I just put in a alpine 9833 HU.... and it works fine... but if you turn the volume down you can hear a high pitch sound coming from the reciever... I thought it may be due to the cd spinning... but even with the cd removed it still doing...
  4. N

components: a little advice please

I've just got a couple questions about a set up for my 97 ford explorer ex... 4 door... basically i was going to do a full system.... I've had good luck with alpine HU... but i'm not sure about the speakers.... This is what i was looking at.... HU either alpine 9827 or 9831.. which one...
  5. N

97 can i add a changer ??

hi sorry I'm new so here come the questions I've got a 97 XL... the factory radio just has a tape player, but has the buttons to support a cd player ??? did they come from the factory with a changer as an option ??? I have a sony (analog) 6 disc changer from another system.... is it...
  6. N

97 Newbe questions ... seats

hi nice forum you've got here we'll I just picked up a 97 explorer after someone "borrowed" my car over in detroit..... seems like a nice truck... it's got around 200 000 km on it.... hopefully there's lots of life left in her.... anyways here come the dumb questions the person that had...
Back