Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Lowering the Explorer

Thank you for your response on the springs "XpirSprt" .. I have had no issues either but felt it best to match the factory setup. Good deal !! I must say that it's a curse being a bit **** .. I did want the lettering right side up so forget doing that I will for sure now. Observation .. I'm...
  2. D

Lowering the Explorer

Lowered my EX Sport last weekend with H&R (51630) for the Explorer. Did the rear first but ran into a quagmire with the spring orientation. The factory spring was installed with the larger end in the lower control arm. The H&R spring lettering right side up had the big end of the spring up. In...
  3. D

Lowering the Explorer

I'm interested in lowering my Explorer Sport but can only find H&R springs for this purpose. My experience with H&R on other applications is they go pretty low much lower than I might like and the ride can be a bit too firm for my taste. Has anyone done this mod and is willing to share their...
  4. D

Explorer Beginnings

I just bought a 2014 Explorer Sport - RUBY RED - What a decent vehicle this is !! I simply love the power output from the motor. Caught me by surprise when wanting to speed up to get passed a slow moving truck. My previous SUV was an 02 Pathfinder which was no slouch but compared to this...
Back