Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

codes 543,17,327,136, low power

Hey fellas, I had my EGR replaced by a garage that didn't know what they were doing and took me a week to fighure what they had messed up. Anyway got that fixed and CE light was on so ran codes as follows: KOEO: 327 Mem:172,176,327,543 KOER: 172,136,17 Apparently: 327 is a really hard code...
  2. P

need clarification, fuse panels

Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. It seems th at the gray cable with all the speaker wires had been changed so no colors at all matched. I wound up getting the schematic from the old one and tracing each speaker down one at a time. But she sure sounds good, and i can use...
  3. P

Worked it out finaly, they had apparently changed the wiring harness so colors didn't match diagramss. Finally chaassed it al down and it is working. Thank you s much for al our help and advice. much apreciatedl
  4. P

My bad Roadrunner I didn't try it with the ignition on!!!! Now i only had one bad one and that was because the prongs were bent. You can delete this post and I will go to the audio section. After working on it for 10 hours I was a little goffyer than usual, thank you again for your time and trouble
  5. P

Is there any way to test flashers? I am attaching a pic of my interior fuse box. the one that are circled have no power at all. I have two flasher units and don't know if I can test them with multi-meter?
  6. P

Thanks Roadrunner777, I checked the fuses under the hood but not the relays or Diodes. I am attempting to put in new stereo but no sound out of any of the speakers that's when I discovered this mess.
  7. P

The Ford Explorer 1994 Electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual. It shows two pages of diagrams for the inside fuse box. One page is titled "All except limited edition and electronic group". The next page is titled "Limited edition and electronic group only".
  8. P

I recently took my 94ex XLT to a bunch of morons at a Major Transmission shop to have an EGR valve replaced. The two D___s couldn't use the bathroom much less work on something! Long story short they didn't put the plug in the large hole in the EGR so it sounded like I was driving a shop vac...
  9. P

Wanted moderator

I also need the same post deleted from the original 1991-1994 forum
  10. P

Wanted moderator

I originally posted in 1991-1994 original and it was grayed so I finally assumed it belonged under the hood and I thought the EECIV was a sub forum.. Please put it where it belongs because I am not sure
  11. P

Wanted moderator

could you please delete my latest post. Since it was grayed I assume it was in the wrong forum. So I re posted it in"Under the hood" forum. Is there no way to just move a post from one forum to another? Thank you in advance Paul
  12. P

are these codes from the same source(problem)?

I have a 1994 ex XLT 4.0 and all of a sudden my check engine shows up after running for a few min. So I run get code reader and this is what I got KOEO: 335 Mem: 157,327,332,336 KOER: 325,536,11,46 I seems to run good and the codes talk about low or high voltages, and I have no clue where to...
  13. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Rebuilt PCM finally came in and got it put in. From all indications (so far) that has solved this nightmare. It is running smooth and no CE lights. End result is I have a gas gauge that works, no codes, and a slosh module that works. Thank you so very much to all of you that took the time to...
  14. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Finally decided to purchase reman PCM. Got one on Amazon for about $60, about half of what parts stores charge!! Just waiting for it to come in so I can see if this is finally going to fix this mess.
  15. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

It only happens after driving, just sitting there idling doesn't seen to cause it. Also the last time it happened I did notice that the amp gauge was jumping around. So I'm still leaning toward some type of short or ground problems. Although I haven't ruled out the PCM, vibrations could be...
  16. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Well got it back from the mechanic, had it 3 days, said he couldn't find anything?? Exactly 1 mile from the garage, it started it again!! Now have the following codes(was finally able to get codes while it was acting up). KOEO: 111 Memory: 211,542 KOER:412,538.536,212(these are all new)...
  17. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Yes I know that is what has me so confused also, and, at the inertia switch with it unplugged the PK/b is the hot one Not the GR/y..That is backward also?
  18. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

According to a previous post by Roadrunner777: Where are you measuring the 10V exactly? Which wire, which ground? If you can read schematics, you should be able to solve this with the diagrams I am attaching. Here is the current path from the battery to the fuel pump: Battery + terminal ->big...
  19. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Roadrunner, thank so very much for your time and patience on this debacle. I was getting some bizarre (to me) readings. With #30 and #85 hot #87a was hot all the time and #87 never got hot. Also #85 and #86 got transposed, can you say dyslexic. Anyway mechanic came out today, pulled relay...
  20. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Sounds like you have a new fun project to play with. The latest as of today I have checked and rechecked all the connections, all the relays, all the wiring harnesses, all the spade connections are tight and clean. The mechanic has been tied up so he hasn't been able to look at it. I have 13...
  21. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Just discovered something that could be IMPORTANT. The error code 556 states that there is a fault with the Primary Fuel pump relay circuit. The primary side of the Fuel Pump Relay is connection #85 and #86, #30 and #87 are the Secondary side of the relay. That should narrow your search down some.
  22. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

Thanks for your time, yes I will post what he finds. Fortunately I have roadside assistance so nothing out of pocket. While I was waiting a heater valve busted to have to replace that first! This is getting old!. LOL
  23. P

Slosh Module (Solved)

I read in another forum somewhere that the fuel pump relay is affected by the EEC relay and they are not interchangeable so I replaced the EEC relay and it ran like a top for 2 days and then I had to have it towed, again. Must be a short somewhere still getting 556 code so I am having a...
  24. P

Hey Peter how can I vet some help and info about elite explorers?

Hey Peter how can I vet some help and info about elite explorers?
Back