Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

NEW pro-comp tires "xtreme AT's"

I bought the Pro Comp ATs 32x11.50's from a local 4wd shop in NC and got them for $120 per tire installed on my explorer. At first, I wanted the BFG ATs, but they were way more expensive. I really like the tread and they are great on the street and good (for an AT) offroad.
  2. N

bfg all terrains?

I've always liked the BFG ATs, but you might want to check out the Pro Comp ATs. They have a 50k mile warranty and are a few dollars cheaper. Finally, the tread on the pro comps are just as good (in my opinion) as the BFGs.
  3. N

2.5 inch lift

EXPLORERWHITE93: Where are you taking your Explorer to be aligned? Is it a normal garage or is it a shop that deals mainly w/ 4wd vehicles? If it is a normal garage, you might want a second opinion from a shop that deals with lifted 4wd vehicles on a normal basis. Just a thought and good luck.
  4. N

Would you trade the Explorer?

I wouldn't if it was my only vehicle. I would , however, trade for a nice early bronco that has been restored in a heartbeat. My last vehicle was a 1998 jeep wrangler sport. It was great!! I'd probably trade my '86 GT for a nice TJ (4.0) and I would for an early bronco. The TJ Jeep is a great...
  5. N

Best 4'' lift???

Hey Will, what have you lifted your Explorer yet? If so, do you have any pics?
  6. N

Best 4'' lift???

Nope, not yet. I'm getting it installed next Tuesday.
  7. N

Best 4'' lift???

APPX 91: Did you ever get the chance to put the pics of your X w/ just a 4'' lift on your website? Just wondering.
  8. N

3.55 gears and 32's?

Guys, would you get terrible gas mileage running 4'' lift, 33s, and geared 456? This would be used as a daily driver and I would still need decent gas mileage on the road.
  9. N

Best 4'' lift???

That would be great to have a D44 under the explorer.Would it be worth the extra money, or just go buy another vehicle? Ford should have kept the solid front d44 axles on their suvs like they did in the seventies with the early broncos and on the big broncos (for a while). I wish Ford would...
  10. N

Best 4'' lift???

10-4 buddy. Thanks for all the help. Does that sound like a bad deal (price wise)???
  11. N

Best 4'' lift???

APPX91: They told me it would be no more than $1100.00 . That is for everything including new camber bushings and alignment. I'm getting the lift for $645.00 w/ shocks. That is tax included. I should probably do the lift myself and save $300-$350.00, but I simply don't have enough time. I have...
  12. N

5.0 swap poll

I'd go w/ the 351 swap. It wouldn't be too expensive in the future to swap to EFI. For now, I'd use the carbed 351. If you could find a cheap, used offroad carb, that would be ideal.
  13. N

Best 4'' lift???

I got the springpack on my rough country 4'' lift at toms 4wd. they ordered the kit last week.
  14. N

Best 4'' lift???

NISSANBOY: I 've heard many good things about that school. Also, is the powertrax a better buy than the eaton locker or ARB lockers (in your opinion). I'm new to the 4wd aftermarket. My old Dodge would have been a good truck to build. ('91 1/2 ton D44 front, 9 1/25 in the rear) For a stock...
  15. N

Rocksliders For The Explorer

APPX91: Those sliders look great. I'll have to talk to those guys in Boone about making me some. How did your Explorer go at Tellico. That is one bad-ass explorer you have! Do you still have the push button 4wd controls, or did you go with the manual shift transfer case?
  16. N

SAS Swap

Actually, I've used the search, but didn't quite find what I was searching for. The 4'' thread input actually helped me decide on a lift better than the ones that the search engine found. I did look thru the SAS registry and found lots of info about time and parts, but I didn't get a clear $$...
  17. N

Ranger / Explorer Prerunner Bumpers

Whats the price for one that is powdercoated black and shipped to NC??
  18. N

Backspacing

Thanks for the input BMXKING5.
  19. N

Best 4'' lift???

Nissanboy: What school in Tenn. did you go to? Also, how do you like the front powertrax on your x??
  20. N

Best 4'' lift???

Just bought the 4'' Rough Country Lift. I think I'll like it. BTW, nissanboy, I'll start using the search engine. The last time I used the search, however, I just couldn't find what I was looking for. That is why I posted this particular question. Also, Nissanboy, are you from Tenn. or...
  21. N

End of the road for Explorer Sport?

Bring back the Early Bronco or the Big Bronco w/ HD axles,transfer cases, and solid front axles!!! Wish FORD would listen. They would sell those vehicles if the would retro these like the Mustang. In fact, If you brought back the style and set up of the early bronco, It probably would sell...
  22. N

Detroit EZ Locker in daily driver?

Would a fully locked front and rear work good on a daily driver? If the front and rear is locked and its snowing, could you use 4wd high w/out any problems? I've heard that if your vehicle is fully locked, it won't turn on the road properly when using 4w high in snow? If so, could you use a...
  23. N

SAS Swap

How much typically would it cost to do a SAS w/ a nice D44 Front axle? Also, is this extremely hard to complete and time consuming. Finally, are there any easy-to-follow instructions w/ all of the parts needed to do the swap floating out there?
  24. N

Rocksliders For The Explorer

Appx91: They sound awesome. Where is this 4x4 place you got yours from and do they have a website?
  25. N

Backspacing

I'm wondering what the backspace on a stock '93 wheel would be? Also, I'm wanting an aftermarket set of eagle 589 wheels. I'll be running 32s or33s on them. I don't want the tires to rub w/ a 4'' lift and not to stick out causing an eye sore. The wheels will be 15X8. What would be the correct...
Back