Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. GrumpyOne

Replace the mirror turn signal / blinker light strip

Thanks Benny. Both my mirror turn signal lights were damaged in "backing out of the garage" incidents. The light strip lens cracked and the led lights eventually failed due to moisture over the course of a few years. 1) Removing the mirror glass is the first step in replacing the mirror turn...
  2. GrumpyOne

2015 Sport - PTU problems

My 2014 Sport had the stench, but not the grinding (yet) at ~55K miles. First time to the dealer they found a oil leak at the turbo and called it fixed. For the 2nd trip to dealer (at ~60K miles) I had the SSM number (#45053) and they found the PTU leaking and replaced it. They botched the...
  3. GrumpyOne

PTU Problems

Thanks for posting this SSM. My Explorer was having this exact issue for the last 6 months and is now in the shop getting the PTU replaced. (After the second trip to the dealer to try and fix the issue...) Cheers, -jw
  4. GrumpyOne

SYNC2 Map Update - Version A8

I see the there's finally an update for Sync2 maps, version A8. It's so new it hasn't shown up on eBay yet. :-) Anyone have it yet? -jw
  5. GrumpyOne

MFT Update V3.10

OASIS = On-line Automotive Service Information System -jw
  6. GrumpyOne

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I struck out at having the dealer update my Sync2 system to v3.10. It shows as available in PTS but would not allow him to apply the update. Not sure why. -jw
  7. GrumpyOne

Nope, not yet. They had to order a part for a different issue. But they'll update my MFT to v3.10 when I take it back next Thursday. I'll follow up here once it's installed. -jw
  8. GrumpyOne

Hmmm, my Explorer just happens to be at the dealer today for service. I'll see if they'll apply the update. -jw
  9. GrumpyOne

2016 - 2017 crossbars weight restrictions

Yep, the same issue with Escape. It's not the load carrying ability of the structure, it's the center-of-gravity. The pano moonroof is heavier and when you add load up high on a roof rack, it will change how you vehicle handles. On the Edge you can't get the pano roof and roof rails for that...
  10. GrumpyOne

2nd Explorer in 25 years...

New to the forum. Just bought a new to me 2014 Explorer Sport and had a very good experience, which I guess is not that common when buying a used car from a dealer. This is my 2nd Explorer Sport, the first I bought new in 1991 when original 2 door Explorer Sports first came out. I had that one...
  11. GrumpyOne

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Thank you sir! Risk taken and it was successful. -jw
  12. GrumpyOne

I just bought a 2014 Explorer and still own an Escape with Sync2 that I updated to v3.8 that works very well for me. Ford's Otis site shows that a dealer can update my Sync2 system from v3.6 to v3.8. But Ford pulled v3.8 for all vehicles from the consumer site a few months ago when v3.8 had...
  13. GrumpyOne

Unfortunately v3.8 is no longer on owner.ford.com. I assume they'll release it again or a newer version. But for now the only way to upgrade is go to the dealer. -jw
  14. GrumpyOne

Is the Sync2 V3.8 update the same regardless of vehicle? I have it downloaded for my Escape and wondered if it's safe to install the same on my Explorer. -jw
Back